LTTTC #1 - Support Group *Please share your story

Hello ladies! Trying to write a lot on here and get to know everyone! Ive been stalking the old chatrooms for over a year now! Weve never went even as far as temping. No IV or anything. Some progesterone cream for 2 cycles and stopped. It was exciting in the beginning! Wed lay in bed together and DH would prop my hips up. Those were the days! Ive got better at symotom spotting- not nearly as ocd as i used to be. Weve even decided to wait a while because of our careers. Just a few months for the start ;) i got bcp at 5dpo and started spotting the next day. I posted in ttc "posssible IB...only way different than id expect". It lasted 10 days. No clots. Bright when it was red else it would be pink or brown. Then stopped and started again (pretty sure) when i was 2-3 days late lasted 5-6 days. Even lighter. No clots. Tapperwd off brown. I use a period tracker. In that time i took 2 tests and both were negative...until the nextday when i went dumpster diving in our bathroom. DH confirmed there was a line there :) thats right im not crazy! Haha... Its very faint and ive been procrastinating testing again. If this isnt fate and a bfp then (ill have to get checked for cysts- doc confirmed no infections but i did have a mild yeast not even noticeable on my part) ill start my bcp at the end of my next af...but i dont think this bleeding/spotting was my af. Well see.... Ill keep everyone updated! Sure wish I had those charts this month!

Hey Myshelsong, I'm really angry actually. We are supposed to start femara this cycle because DH was supposed to finally be clean from weed, and then I caught him smoking and found out he never actually quit. So I'm about livid, I don't even want to try anymore I am so angry

I totally understand. I tried to get my hubby to quit smoking that and regular cigarettes for YEARS! It actually put a huge wedge between us for awhile until I just decided that I couldnt fight a losing battle. I demanded he start taking vitamins, like heaps of them if he wasn't going to quit smoking. I laid them out and watched him take them daily like a little child. His sperm did improve.... slightly and he did finally agree to only smoke weed like once a month so I was as happy as I could be. But I am honestly still pissed off when I think about it, Reason for infertility is male factor, so come on dude you know you and your actions are making this situation worse quit it!

Once he realized with his low numbers and fragmentation issues we would have to do IVF he finally slowed down on actual cigarettes. I think it finally hit him his habit was costing us tens of thousands of dollars

Thanks shel he makes it sound like I'm the crazy one for being so angry. We have unexplained infertility and lifestyle is the one thing that we actually can control! It's also putting a huge divide between us and I wonder if I should just accept that he's never going to be able to change.

It's good to know there are other people who have been there too! How have you been doing lately?

It is crazy frustrating, especially since I have quit like everything and have for awhile. I don't get why he just doesn't make the commitment.
I am kind of driving myself crazy, I am testing and getting negatives, have a blood test in a couple days since we had a frozen embryo transfer and am on so many hormones it is just nuts.
I am trying to keep myself busy but all I do is google the chances I could actually be pregnant even though my home tests keep saying I am not. It is not fun.

I'm sorry shel. That sounds awful :( the ups and downs are the worst part of the whole thing.

DH and I are taking a break for a little while, so I will be on here a bit less

Ladies..... I randomly got a test today. I figured id consider my last bleed as my period since i thibk im the only person whos ever had a possible 10 day ib. Well ladie...i dont even believe it yet and were actually in the car to get another but as soon as i weed on the stick- dark bfp! Darker than the control!! Im too excited to even type. Weve been trying for well over a year...you can probly almost call it two!! I dont want to be short but i hope i give you all hope as well! XoXo to all of you. I will update again soon :)

How are things going Shel? We ended up taking a break this cycle, which was well needed! For the first time in over a year I don't know the exact day I ovulated!! Next cycle we will get back at it with femara

Well the FET was not successful. Well it was we got a positive, but then I lost the baby soon after so I am trying not to dwell too much on it. It ended up happening on the due date of the baby we lost in September. It has been horribly crazy. I was bouncing between crazy and even crazier the last few days. But starting to get back to normal. I think we might wait another month before we try another FET just to give ourselves an emotional break. So no tracking for the next month or two will be nice. I like taking stress breaks, gets me back into a better head space. Hoping to drop a few pounds that the last round of hormones put on me.

What are you doing this week?

Oh Shel, I am so terribly sorry to hear that :( I think it makes total sense to take a break after all of that. You need some time to grieve, and some time to get back to feeling like yourself again. I'm here for you to vent to!

AFM, AF is due in a couple days. I will start spotting tomorrow if its going to show. I'm already feeling more depressed and snarky so I fully expect it to show. We will give femara a shot for the next go around. I don't expect it to do much for us, but I guess it is worth a try. Its the next step anyway. We'll look into IUI for after June. I get so depressed sometimes and feel so hopeless with this process. So lately I've just been trying not to think about it and focus on other things.

I guess it's time to join the support group. TTC #1 since March 2016. No health insurance right now, so no testing to be done for a few months. I have guesses as to what our problems might be, but I don't know anything for sure. I have very light and short periods, which makes me think my lining is too thin. I also never get EWCM, and my husband has super viscous semen.

We're in a transition period in our lives (moving and new jobs), but I'm hoping to begin testing once things settle down. I think I might post exclusively in this forum, because all these women getting BFPs so quickly is making me jealous. :/

Hi Green, sorry to have to welcome you over to this side of the forum. I can relate to feeling jealous over all of those quick BFPs in other forums. I also get upset over pregnancy tickers when people continue to post in the ttc section. At least in LTTTC they have rules about that lol

Get your husband taking Vitamin C! It's supposed to help with viscosity and clumping.

Shel we haven't talked in awhile. I see you are planning on another FET for April?

We are on our second femara cycle. Still feeling set on IUI in June.

Hi, for my hubs sperm issues we were told by the doctor to try vitamin c, e and coq10 for three months. He also really amped up his water intake and made sure to relieve himself (cough) every three days at a minimum. This had some really good changes to his sperm.

Bellenuit, hi Hun.good luck on the femera cycle, are you being monitored? What cd are

We are still doing April FET. Trying. Aturally this cycle and see on cd 16 and waiting to ovulate. Things have been nuts, I am getting better since the losses but still so emotional. But we have a plan and if this doesn't work we know what's our next steps will me moving forward.

Hi Shel, I'm glad things have been getting better. I would be so emotional too in that situation. I am really hoping things work out for you this cycle or the next! What are your next steps do you think?

They aren't monitoring me for the FE cycles. I always O regularly so I don't think its going to help with much. When we start IUI we'll do a monitored cycle to see how the FE is impacting my lining (it tends to be on the thin side, which I think is our major issue). I'm on CD 6 today. Will finish up the FE tomorrow and I'm hoping for another CD 14 O.

Good luck with the lining! Femera didn't I pack mine negatively in any way, and I have heard the same from lots of people so don't worry about that. The only thing is femera made me ovulate way earlier than normal. But I was on 5mg or something, not sure what you are on.

It has been super difficult, trying to feel normal after everything but I am getting there. I have a new normal now and I am slowly excepting it.
We have decided that we will finish the frozen embryos in the clinic, do one more full round of IVF and if not successful we will continue with adoption. I am 35, he is 40 so we are thinking one more full year and then just move forward with a different route to family. Although we are praying and hoping that this FET will work, and then stick around for the whole nine months, and then become a baby that is alive and well.

I'm only on 2.5mg so pretty low dose. I O'd on CD 14 last cycle with it and I used to O pretty early (CD 12), so if anything I think its helping to delay my O a little bit which is great. I'm hoping I'll get the same thing to happen this cycle.

I think with infertility your sense of normal shifts, and losses only compound that. I think your plan makes a lot of sense and I think its great to set timelines like that. Its good to start mentally preparing for what the next steps are, but its also good to have a finishing line in place. That said I am hoping that your FET works as well and that the third times a charm and this one will stick!

Hi ladies,

I think it is time for me to make my way over here... It is hard being in the other TTC forums sometimes as I feel like my hopes and expectations each month are very different than some of the other ladies.

A little bit about us. Hubby and I got married August 2015, but started TTC in April of that year. Next month it will have been a two year journey for us. We began seeing an RE shortly after we began trying (July 2015) as I was referred by my family dr to investigate my chronic pelvic pain. At that time, we did bloodwork, semen analysis and HSG and all came back totally normal. In April 2016 we fell pregnant naturally and we were over the moon, only to find out a week later that the pregnancy wasnt viable. We ended my ectopic pregnancy medically in May 2016.

Since then, we haven't had a positive test. We went back to see our RE in January. She sent me for another HSG, and depending on the results we would move on to IUI or IVF this summer. My right tube was open, but the dye wasnt flowing through the left. Our next appointment isnt until May, so I guess it is just a waiting game until then :shrug:.

Hi jwilly, sorry to have to welcome you over to this side of the forum. I never thought I would be here myself :/

I'm sorry to hear about your ectopic pregnancy as well. That makes things hard! Are you guys trying naturally for these next few cycles? Or are you taking clomid/femara at all?

We are unexplained, which considering how young we are I find surprising. We started ttc when i was 26 and DH was 29, now I'm nearly 28 and he's 31. There has to be something wrong, it can't just be bad luck that we are on cycle 20 with no pregnancies ever. We'll start IUI in June I suspect, unless life throws us some curve balls.

Hey all, so it's been nearly ten years trying we have done so much, currently literally just had third eggs collection and hoping to get to day five of blastocyst. We had 11 eggs collected yesterday and four fertilised and strong enough to carry on to blastocyst! Little bit our situation. We have had three IUI treatments, three ivf eggs collection resulting in four cycles with two frozen transfers and two fresh transfers, two transfers ending in BNP but unfortunately we mmc'd and two didn't stick. We did cookie for six months if the fertility nurse scanned us correctly and scan us every time they would have seen Clomid didn't touch us or make any difference.

We have had various blood tests ending in us having to be on stupid amounts of drugs! Costing silly amounts.

And if I hear someone tell us we are young I will physically hurt them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->