LTTTC #1 - Support Group *Please share your story

Hi Valeriachan - welcome to the thread. I know how hard it is to see your siblings have babies whilst you struggle.

Bfn for me today at 13dpo so just waiting for AF

Welcome Valeriachan! It totally sucks when everyone around you is getting pregnant and having babies while you're still struggling. It's not a sibling for me, but 2 of my best friends announced their pregnancies the same week my husband and I found out we were infertile and had to go to IVF. They are both due in the next 3 weeks, and we're still struggling to even get pregnant. It's not fair. You try to be supportive, and you ARE happy for them, but you are just so sad for you. Hang in there!

Wannabmummy, I'm so sorry you got a BFN. :hugs:

Myshel, thinking of you today!!!!! fingers crossed and lots of :dust: to you!!!!!!!!
:hugs:

Hi Baleria- so sorry to hear of your struggle. This is a great place to get support and talk able t every day stuff. The journey can be long, and the emotions hard but we will be here for you.

AFM going to beta today, hoping this little bean sticks!
Wishing you all the :dust: in the world

Val welcome and vent all you need. its hard but we will be there for you. diid you start your own thread as yet?

Amanda OH MY WORD....such a long journey for you. (read signature) i hope you get a BFP soon. fx and sending you happy vibes

Myshel i LOVVVVVVVVE your ticker.......you should leave the spoiler out. im so happy for you, would love to keep track of your little one. congrats once again. fairy dust to you for your beta

How is everyone today?

I'm on CD1 of a 55 day cycle. Really hoping it isn't another super heavy AF. I am also hoping that my cycles start to decrease again. Every time I have a mc my cycles seem to go long, painful and heavy for a couple of cycles afterwards!

Hello!

My name is Jill (27 years old) and I've been browsing these forums for about 5 years. Very useful for information and other peoples stories. I'm posting today because I have just about had enough of this TTC process, and we are moving into IVF upon my next day 1...Maybe....if I can make up my mind before then.

My husband and I are seemingly healthy people, not overweight or have any long term issues. At the start of TTCing back in 2009 we were hopeful like any couple, hopeful that it wouldn't happen immediately so we could have some "fun". UGH! After a year and a half we decided to sit down with an RE. We were given information that everything going on with me was fine, a little lower progesterone than they would like but nothing that would prevent a pregnancy from sustaining itself, and male factor was a lower than desired morphology, again nothing that would prevent pregnancy.

Fast forward another 2 years, we have now been TTCing for 3.5 years without luck. We both lost our insurance so there is no trip to the doctors until 5 years.

5 Years TTC we were able to see a new RE who did some repeat tests. We found out I have a thyroid issue, hypothyroidism specifically. We had my primary run some more tests to confirm and it turns out I've had Hashimotos this entire time. I am now currently on levothyroxin. My thyroid is currently very healthy, but I am still very much positive in thyroid antibodies. Skip ahead by 7 months or so, with 3 times repeated day 3 tests, 2 HSG tests, I have a blocked tube. They don't know why. I'm pretty positive I suffered an early miscarriage back in 2011, perhaps it was eptopic, causing a build up of scar tissue in the tube. After all is said and done, my FSH is 14.9, my LH is 3.2, my AMH is 0.0224 anf my AFC is less than 5, and ovarian assessment reports scored me a 3. Conclusion: I am suffering from a diminished ovarian reserve, which goes hand in hand with my 23-24 day cycles, down from 31 days 6 years earlier. Husband is working with well below average numbers across the board. He is currently seeing a urologist, will update when we have some information.

February of this year, I went in for Laparoscopic surgery to check for endo and to clear out my blocked tube. Endo free, tube is now clear. We are waiting to start IVF in April. I had to wait one full cycle before starting after surgery (I love my RE, hes awesome!). My period never came, and my husband and I were elated to have a our first ever positive pregnancy test mid April. Probably the happiest moment in my entire life. My OB was very accommodating with my requests for blood tests to ensure HCG was rising properly and early ultrasound, and I was lucky enough to get to see my baby at 6 weeks. Measured 6 weeks and 3 days. Unfortunately that was the last time I was going to see my child. We went for a repeat ultrasound to find a heart beat 10 days later, and found out that my baby had died shortly after my first ultrasound. We moved forward with a medically assisted miscarriage at what would have been almost 9 weeks. I am now almost 2 weeks post-miscarriage waiting on results from a chromosomal test.

My husband and I are kind of lost on what to do. I know with my diagnosiswe have thyroid antibodies to worry about, we do not have a significant chance of success with IVF, but we also have a much higher risk of miscarriage should it be successful. And I honestly don't think I could handle it again. I haven't even fully recovered from it yet. Half of me is ready to just go to IVF, and do whatever it takes, and the other half of me just can't bare the thought of losing another child.

Thoughts? Stories? Anything right now is greatly appreciated.

hi nolimit

sorry for your loss, its always hard trying to move forward and thinking what to do. i would suggest speak to your RE and go into IVF. as you said you do not want another mc and with them knowing all about your thyroid they may actually have a way to get you pregnant without having a mc. im sure there is something they can do for you.

fx crossed you can have some answers.

Hi nolimitxox, welcome to the thread.

I am really sorry for your loss, a mc is so hard to get your head round and your heart to heal from. Hopefully, as whimsical said, as they know about your thyroid they can monitor you closely etc.

I've also got hypothyroidism and am on Levothyroxine - what dose are you taking?

Unfortunately, in my case it took two mc before they started treating the hypothyroidism and I've had two further mc but also have PCOS so my chances of mc are greatly increased!

Personally, I would continue down the IVF route, yes it may end in another mc but equally it might not and you might finally get your take home baby! If you don't go for IVF what are your other options?

I recently started getting some counselling about IF and the mcs which has helped but doesn't ever stop the pain.

I have everything crossed for you

Hey ladies! Thank you. I have been seeing a counselor since March and she's been wonderful but she suggested last night maybe it's time I seek someone who specializes in infertility and pregnancy loss. I will call my RE today. What's frustrating about the thyroid is that I told my RE I was pregnant and when we had talked about my IVF plan he included injectable lovenox to help combat the antibodies, but never suggested or prescribed it when I told them the news. I'm waiting on a chromosomal test to come back and there will always be the question of "what if" on that medication. I should have asked and pushed for it, it's really the only what if I have right now regarding my miscarriage. IVF is an option, no treatment is an option. My RESORT said because of my young age he wants to use my eggs before even suggesting donor only because regardless of all the numbers he said age is the best deciding factor when it comes to quailty of eggs. So that's a plus. I'm very frustrated in my grieving process because my sister in law, who has been trying to get pregnant for about a year and a half, was able to get diagnosed with pcos and move through iui (only one round) and right to IVF and had her egg transfer on Monday. It's a very hard thing to deal with and I want to be happy for her but I'm not. I'm envious. I'm angry. I'm sad. I'm not myself.

Hi nolimitxox, welcome to the thread.

I am really sorry for your loss, a mc is so hard to get your head round and your heart to heal from. Hopefully, as whimsical said, as they know about your thyroid they can monitor you closely etc.

I've also got hypothyroidism and am on Levothyroxine - what dose are you taking?

Unfortunately, in my case it took two mc before they started treating the hypothyroidism and I've had two further mc but also have PCOS so my chances of mc are greatly increased!

Personally, I would continue down the IVF route, yes it may end in another mc but equally it might not and you might finally get your take home baby! If you don't go for IVF what are your other options?

I recently started getting some counselling about IF and the mcs which has helped but doesn't ever stop the pain.

I have everything crossed for you

:hugs: thank you. I am on 75 mcgrm and my antibodies test over 100 for both

Nolimit, I understand. I can't say I've been in the EXACT same place as you, but close enough to get what you are going through. DH and I have been going through fertility treatments, due to him having azoospermia. The timeline is in my sig. The last cycle I finally got my first BFP ever, and was ecstatic! Then, at 6 weeks I miscarried naturally. It was honestly the most devastated I've ever been, and I'm still dealing with it. I too started seeing a counsellor after that, which I found to be extremely helpful, but obviously it's not a end all be all cure. I wasn't sure how I could go on, and had to take a cycle break to let my HCG come back to 0. I'm currently in a frozen cycle, and have my transfer tomorrow. I'm terrified at what the outcome will be, and also at how I will deal with it, but my drive to have a baby makes me push through. Who told you your chance at miscarriage was higher now? I was told by MANY people, that 1 miscarriage doesn't increase your odds of a second at all. Also, 1/4 pregnancies end in miscarriage, so as hard and devastating as it is, it is still considered fairly normal. I know firsthand that these facts only offer but a TINY bit of comfort, but try to hold on to that. Also so hard to be happy for others while you are so sad and struggling. I think everyone on here gets that. Jealousy and envy are two emotions that we have very little control of, and every pregnancy announcement or birth is just a reminder of what we are not getting. Hang in there hun! :hugs:

My RE has told me that with every group of infertility (pcos, endo, male factor) DOR carries the highest risk of miscarriage. We also have autoimmune issues to consider which also increase the risk. He did not say because of 1 miscarriage that the risk is any higher now, it was just high to begin with. I'm so excited and nervous for you. I'll pray for your transfer tomorrow, for a successful pregnancy. Thanks for replying, our situations aren't the same but so similar it brings me comfort.

My RE has told me that with every group of infertility (pcos, endo, male factor) DOR carries the highest risk of miscarriage. We also have autoimmune issues to consider which also increase the risk. He did not say because of 1 miscarriage that the risk is any higher now, it was just high to begin with. I'm so excited and nervous for you. I'll pray for your transfer tomorrow, for a successful pregnancy. Thanks for replying, our situations aren't the same but so similar it brings me comfort.

Yep, I have been told the same - hypothyroidism and PCOS increase your chance of mc.

I'm basically on double the Levothyroxine you are, but I'm probably much heavier than you and my levels were fairly off when I started taking the meds.

Yeah I'm a pretty small person. Very good metabolism and did not show signs physically of hypo. In fact, it took extensive testing to diagnos. My primary has a reference range for tsh that I was in range of, but my reproductive endo tested me out of their reference range so I had to go back to my primary and have her run a full thyroid pannel which showed elevated antibodies and a tsh and t4 that were too high to sustain pregnancy. My thyroid is very healthy at the moment, but still have antibodies. I've only been on medication since October last year.

Hi Ladies. It has been awhile since I was on this thread and I wanted to reach out and wish everyone a merry Christmas (if you celebrate) and a wonderful new year.

I don't know if a lot of you are still around but this thread helped me through some long years it feels like if ltttc and all the angst that came with it. I was hoping I could reach out and see how everyone was doing?

I personally can't believe how up and down this year has been for me and my husband. We started the year with his moms cancer surgery that postponed our IVF, some IUI's in the mean time, then a successful IVF and a wonderful summer, then the loss of our little baby boy at just 21 weeks.
It has been a hard horrible road, but we have FET in January that I am preparing mentally for and trying to embrace the ne year with love and hope.

I just want to send you all love and support during this time of year that can seem overwhelming, and wish you love and joy, in whatever form it takes. (Hugs)

Seasons greetings sweetie. I hope you and hubs are taking care of each other.

We've now hit 7 years ttc. This year planning to get my weight down and then get referred for IVF. It's nice to have a plan. We won't get ivf on the NHS here as dh had children (25 year old) from a previous marriage. Health insurance in the U.K. Doesn't cover it so we have to pay, so will be an expensive year xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->