LTTTC with first positive!

Pinkys Brain

Reaction score
Well we've been trying for four years nearly and we just got our first positive result from ICSI/IVF 5 day frozen embryo blast. I stayed up all night before the test, worrying and ready to comfort my wife for the inevitable negative result. When I told her it was positive, it was one of the few times we've both been speechless!

According to the hospital, she's four weeks gone and book in for her first scan at the beginning of May. If the online calculators are right, she's due on the 17th December.

Right now, I can't stop smiling. And after trying for so long, a thought has just occured to me. I know nothing about babies. Never even held on. I even found myself googling earlier "What do newborns eat?" I guess I should get a book! :shipw:

Attachments

• IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 9
Congratulations! I didn't want to read and run but don't have a ton of advice because we are expecting our first as well after LTTTC and previous miscarriage.

I'd say try not to worry, you have plenty of time to learn and I think that most comes from actually having the baby around. Like I said, I have no idea what to do with a baby either so that is just the advice I'm giving myself :) Plus friends and family will hopefully be there to help you out. Congrats again and a happy and healthy 9 months!!

Such a sweet post... Congratulations! Babies don't come with manuals and as useful as books are to give you a helping hand into parenthood, I found that both me and DH (again LTTTC's) were much more natural and instinctive than we thought we would be. When you hold that little person, somehow you just know what to do with them... Nature is amazing! Enjoy the journey :)

Congrats! I'm in my first pregnancy and am also terrified! I'm due 6th December.....the women on here have been so supportive and helpful and I'm sure they'll continue to be...to the birth and beyond! Very exciting times ahead! X

Congratulations! Don't worry about not knowing anything - you'll learn. Before DD, my hubby had never held a baby before and as soon as she was born he just got on with it. You'll become a pro in no time! Wishing you and your wife a happy and healthy 9 months.

Congratulations! Been on a couple of the same threads as lttcer myself so pleased to see your positive result :)

I love seeing lttcers getting their bfps. Congrats Hun :)

I feel like I'm the most over protective expectant father ever! Keep telling my missus to take it easy and put her feet up. Not to work too hard. We've agreed not to buy any baby stuff until the first scan - I'm really nervous, my wife less so.

I keep getting the feeling that it might not work out before having to remind myself that the problem was with me - there's no reason why Mrs Pinky won't have a completely normal pregnancy now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->