Lucia - opinions and pronouncation

Kmx

Reaction score
I had my little girl this morning and we were thinking of Lucy. It's a bit too common however so I'm struggling to commit to it. I quite like Lucia but pronounced Loo-see-a and not Loo-sha like the pronouncation of St. Lucia.

Anyone have any opinions? Like/dislike? How would u pronounce it.

I would also say loo-see-a and think it's beautiful :)

I always thought Loo-see-a, but I know someone with a little girl called Lucia and they actually pronounce it loo-chee-a!

It's beautiful but I would automatically pronounce it Loo-sha because of the country but I don't think it would be a big deal correcting people if you like enough

I'd automatically say loo-sha as well and don't like that name much to be honest. Loo-cee-ah ist beautiful. But I'd spell it a more obvious way maybe, although I struggle to think of one. Lusia? Luciah maybe?

I've only heard loo chee a which I think is the Italian way? If I'm honest I do prefer Lucy, but I do have traditional tastes.
Congratulations on your new arrival!

I'd pronounce it Loo-chee-a. It was on my shortlist for a girl with my 1st.

I would say Loo-sha. Even after reading Loo-see-a I don't know whether the emphasis is on the first syllable (LOO-see-a) or the second (Loo-SEE-a).

I think it looks pretty but the pronounciation would put me off, in all honesty. I prefer Lucy.

I know an Italian lady with this name and she pronounces it Lu-chee-a x

I would pronounce it Loo-see-a.

I know a girl named Lecia (Le-see-a). Maybe that is a nice alternative?

I would pronounce it Loo-Chee-ah, I know a girl with the same name and so I automatically think of her

it is beautiful x

Loo-see-a
I Love it, Spanish version of Lucy. I didnt use it as one of my best friends daughter is called Lucia but otherwise it would've been on my list

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->