Lucozade - Morning sickness & vit D Tablets Questions

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi

Just thought I would share. I have been drinking Lucozadeu this morning and it's really helped. I wouldn't drink loads as its packed with sugar and I would be the size of a house. Worth a shot if your feeling rough from morning sickness. I think it may contain a bit off caffeine as well. I don't drink tea so it's not to bad.:thumbup:

I spoke to my midwife and she mentioned to start taking vit D Tablets. I didn't do this with my last only folic acid.
I went to have a look in boots and predicare (what ever it's called) was really expensive does anyone else take these or do they have an alternative like an own brand of some sort they take which is just as good. Just seems a bit expensive. I eat well, it's must be a new thing they recommend in the UK :shrug:

I get my vit D from Simply Supplements. They're not cheap though and I chose them for the higher strength. I think docs are starting to clue on to the fact that most people in the U.K. are probably deficient in vit D. Own brands should be fine... maybe try one of the supermarkets for basic vit D tablets?

Do you take this all the time or is it just whilst your pregnant? :blush:

Personally I've been taking them for years, and upped the dosage in recent months but I'm very pale and live in the North! I've had 5.5 years of infertility and increasing my vit D is one of the 2 most likely options for why I suddenly managed to get pregnant naturally. As you've had no problems and taking it is just based on the midwife advice, I'd probably stick with a standard level of vit D (you want D3). My pregnacare includes 10ug (micrograms) so that's probably about the level you're looking for. I also take 4000iu (which I think is equivalent to about 100ug) on top of that, but I wouldn't recommend that if you have no reason to suspect a vit D deficiency. I decided to take extra after requesting a test from the doc and he told me the NHS won't do it and I'm most certainly deficient anyway so there's no point in testing. Helpful :p

:thumbup: thank you, you star! My pharmacist who I spoke to this morning was rubbish, didn't have a clue :dohh: I'm a southerner and now sat in this rare bit of sun, every little helps! X

I think getting a bit of sun everyday (without sunscreen on) is better than tablets, if you can find that elusive sunshine!! I really need to move south :p xx

Yes, the vitamin D thing is a new recommendation. I get mine from Tesco. I think they're only 2 or 3 quid or so for 90 days (90p for folic acid). Every once in a while they do 3 for 2 on vitamins so I got 9 months of vitamin d for a few quid. The NHS doesn't recommend taking a full multivitamin for pregnancy if you are otherwise healthy.

That's More like it. The ones I was looking at were £18! Seemed a bit steep :thumbup:

I've taken vitamin D3 for years after completing a qualification in nutrition. I cannot recommend the ones from a website called 'My Protein' enough. 180 tablets for £7.99 and you can nearly always get some kinda discount! I buy all my supplements from there, good quality & cheap.

Make sure you are taking D3 though and not D2. D2 isn't very well absorbed in comparison (spent many an evening learning the differences in the molecular level of vitamins on my course..!) Cheaper supplements from supermarkets tend to have D2 in them, so double check the back of the pack. :)

I saw a post on Facebook the other day about freezing lucozade in ice cube trays and sucking one when you feel sick. My sickness has gone for now so I haven't had a chance to try it lol

Really, ill try it. You give me hope looking at your ticket. I pray I'm on the last leg because I'm on mine!

Fingers crossed for you! I found eating cheese helped with the sicky feeling as well.
I don't do well with feeling sick lol, I haven't actually been sick since I was about 5 :haha:

Your so lucky. Que me raiding my fridge for cheese! Haha I know I'm terrible I don't suffer in silence I think I've told everyone haha I just don't do being unwell..

I think because it's been so long I just suppress it lol, like people say to me be sick it'll make you feel better! And I'm just like nooooo thank youuuu! :haha:

Haha no they are lying, it doesn't make you feel any better! ��

I found the non fizzy lucozade a godsend in early pregnancy. I went off water and in fact most food, but I could happily drink lucozade. It made me feel more alive from the sugar and a lot less dehydrated! Funnily enough, once my food aversions went away, I now can't stand the thought of lucozade! So we have about 10 bottles in the cupboard much to my OH's annoyance :) he hates wasting money!

I've read about it and I tried it. Did nothing for me sadly. But there is no harm in trying it. It's just a vitamin. Different things work for different people. B6 is part of the ms drug diclegis/diclectin (along with unisom), so there must be something behind the claims!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->