Lucozade safe in pregnancy? Iv been having it for morning sickness

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm on my fourth pregnancy and Iv been struggling so bad with sickness. I havnt ate anything since Friday and had to ring the doctors today for some anti sickness tablets. Iv been having lucozade to get abit of energy and make me feel normal. Iv just been sat thinking to myself though if it's fine to drink? I didn't realise it has caffeine in it and I know you have to be careful with caffeine :cry: so now I'm kind of worried that Iv had too much :dohh:

Yeah it's safe 😃 they give it for the glucose test later in pregnancy. I drink it too x

I drink loads as I'm a type 1 diabetic and have frequent low blood glucose. I did the same when I had my son and he was fine. It's my go to drink when I'm low. Doc says it's fine.

I'm sure it's fine especially as your not eating well it will give your body the sugars and energy you need. If your worried just mention it to your midwife or doc xx

Lucozade sport orange (the still one) is free of caffeine. I lived off it for 2 weeks due to bad MS and vomiting. Midwife recommended

thabkyou ladies, i feel reassured now :) was in a slight panic yesterday after i realised i had drank loads x

its fine. its what I got told to drink when I was throwing up 30 times over the course of one night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->