lumps and cups

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Two things,

Tom has been eating for the last month a frozen spag bol I made (baby rice instead of spag). The beef didnt blend very well so it wasnt as smooth as he usually has but he ate it fine. Now the other day i gave him stage 2 food by mistake which had lumps in it and he started retching. And then i gave him some mashed broccoli as I had no blender and he retched and threw up everywhere. Today i gave him the spag bol and he threw up everywhere...but he is perfectly fine with highly blended food.

How and when do you start introducing textures?? How come we have gone backwards?

Secondly, I have been giving tom a cup for months. He has a freeflow one which he uses perfectly, but spits the contents out whilst chewing it. he has another which he has to chew and suck at the same time, but he seems to just get frustrated with that and never really gets past 1/2oz. I intoroduced a third one today that seems to be in the middle and he just turned his nose up at it, then drank the contents from a bottle...

His teeth are poking through and due to him refusing to drink much milk, he has to have juice (wont touch water) - so i need to get him drinking from a cup fairly soon!! Help!!

I'll be watching this thread. The jars with bits say they are from 6 months so I tried some and he ate some of it, but the moment he got to a slightly bigger bit, he gagged a bit, but swallowed it and then refused to eat anymore food even his favourite stuff. We have now gone back to the smooth food, but I'm worried its going to make him fussy in the future.

My son is almost 8 months now and hates but hates lumps in his food lol unless its banana's lol so I will try later on ..

as for the cup max loved the nuby trainer cup the nipple was soft rubber so it was like his bottle but in a sippy cup ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->