Lumps on neck

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
We just got back from an ultrasound on my sons neck and not only is there 1 lump but 2! At first, we thought and still think that it is just lymph nodes...but 2? Has anyone had anything like this? We won't hear back for a couple days.

Not 2, but my oldest has had a single enlarged lymph node in her neck since she was a few months old. She is nearly 4. It's not huge but you can see/feel it in certain positions. No doctor has ever been concerned. Starting a probiotic interestingly shrunk it so it is much less noticeable.

My son has a really huge lump in his neck. It's there all the time but when he's unwell it goes to the size of a golf ball. The doctor said it's just an enlarged lymph gland that hasn't gone down.

Thanks girls! Good to hear others have it too. I've never seen something like it.

How old is your son and how long have they been there? I've heard that even the smallest thing, like having eczema or even cradle cap can cause them to become enlarged.

There is a whole string of lymph nodes in the neck and they’re especially noticeable in children, my son has a couple that you can always see but grow pretty big when he has even the slightest sniffle or even hay fever.

He will be 5 this year and has seemed to always have them. You guys are makimg me feel better while we wait for results! I didnt know there were more than one lymph node in the neck!

I wouldn't worry too much. If it was something sinister, you'd be seeing other symptoms by now I think.

My son has a lymph node that I can feel in his neck I was so worried when I felt it he’s seen a few different doctors and a consultant at the hospital who all have told me it’s nothing and there really common to be able to feel and even see.
Sometimes I still worry about it but Ino I shouldn’t he’s had his tjere since October 2016 that’s when I felt it but it had probally been there longer it hasn’t grown which is good
X there very common x

My son has a lymph node that I can feel in his neck I was so worried when I felt it he’s seen a few different doctors and a consultant at the hospital who all have told me it’s nothing and there really common to be able to feel and even see.
Sometimes I still worry about it but Ino I shouldn’t he’s had his tjere since October 2016 that’s when I felt it but it had probally been there longer it hasn’t grown which is good
X there very common x

My daughter's had hers since 2014 and you still can see it sometimes so really don't worry! She's very healthy. I get them at the base of my head too when I am ill, but for me they do go away. Kids are definitely more susceptible.

X there very common x

My daughter's had hers since 2014 and you still can see it sometimes so really don't worry! She's very healthy. I get them at the base of my head too when I am ill, but for me they do go away. Kids are definitely more susceptible.

Thank you hun it is defo reassuring knowing other children also have them . X

So doctors finally called and he has several in his neck that are larger than normal, but they are not concerned!! So bif reliefe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->