Lung lobectomy?

Stormynights

DD + Peanut
Reaction score
I don't know where to post this...

My 10 week old daughter is going for surgery in the morning. She has a massive cyst in her right lung pushing on her left lung and her heart. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm honestly scared to death. :cry:

Oh my goodness :( No experience, but tons of hugs :hugs: I hope her surgery goes well.

Well she went in at 9, came out at noon. Surgeon said she did really well. The cyst was about the size of a baseball. She lost her whole lower right lobe. She has chest tubes for drainage, a central port, and is on a ventilator to give her lungs a break, and had to have some blood. She keeps trying to wake up, but they are trying to keep her lightly sedated. We can't hold her or over stimulate her, ie too much holding, loud noises, etc. She seems to be doing OK, but she isn't breathing on her own or anything, so it's hard to say.
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/545874_10150758822489238_850324237_9323752_1728535615_n.jpg

Thanks for updating us. I hope she is doing much better today and continues to improve. :hugs:

Well we are out of the PICU! She got off her oxygen last night and was eating just fine, so they said we didn't need to be there anymore. We are now in the post op care floor. She's eating just fine, breathing at great saturation. She gets a little rattly sounding at times, and is in some pain, but they've been giving her morphine. She still has her chest tubes because there is still some fluids in there, and she has a little lung leak. They expect it to seal up on its own though in time.

That's great news! So glad she is off oxygen and out of the PICU :hugs:
When do they expect her to be able to go home?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->