** luteal phase spotters**

TTCour3rdbaby

Reaction score
Hello everyone, wondering if anyone else out there has delt with Lp spotting and was still able to concieve? I have a very regular cycle 28 days, luteal phase is normal length also however every single month without fail I start to have tan/ brown cm on 8dpo and it continues about 6 days until Af arrives. I went to my Dr. and she told me I have a luteal phase defect, she put me on 50mg of Clomid. I just finished my first round hopeful as ever and sure enough 8dpo spotting began ](*,) I called the Dr. and she said to keep the dose the same and give it two more rounds to try to trick my body... I have such little hope this is going to work since I have had no change this month. Btw I did have a day 21 progestrone done and my results were a 19.9 which she called "nicely elevated". Anyone delt/dealing with the same thing, I need some advice. I am starting to feel hopeless....

Its kind of interesting that you were put on Clomid. I dont know much about it but I thought it was just simply to make you ovulate- not for anything else. I wouldve assumed a progesterone issue.. Maybe ask to have the day 21 bloods done again just to be sure. A drop in progesterone is (to my knowledge) one major reason for the spotting.

Thank you, She said the reason she choose clomid was to help me to have a stronger and sooner ovulation. She said if I had better ovulation the corpus luteum would of better quality and produce better progestrone levels. I do agree with you about the progestrone, I am assuming that day 21 was fine but when I start spotting on 8dpo it drops. Today however I have had no spotting at all so I decided to take an hpt and I have a very faint line?? not sure what to think about it.... wondering if its a bfp or an evap?

Here is a photo of the test I was questioning and the digital I took last night :bfp: My Dr. put me on 200mg progestrone capsules and scheduled an ultrasound for 2 weeks to make sure everything looks good. I am really praying so hard that everything is going to be okay.

Attachments

• 20130109_125830.jpg
    20130109_125830.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 11
  • cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 8
Omg!!! Congrats!! So exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics