Lying

RiverSong

Reaction score
With children between the ages of 9-12.

Do you let them tell lies that make them feel better about themselves? Like a lie might be, i have 1000s in the bank for example.

How do you call them on a lie when you know they're lying?

What punishments might you use for both innocent lies like the one above,and malicious lies used to cover their backs when they know they're in trouble.

Thank you :)xxx

I dont have a 9-12 year old, but i remember when i was 9-12 :)
My step dad was big on lies, he hated them and i knew that if i did lie, id get found out, and if i got found out, id be grounded.
I didnt ever really tell little white lies to feel good, not until i was much older :lol: but i dont think i would encourage it in my own children as i think id like them to be happy with who they are and what they have. I hope that makes sense :)

My daughter is 6 and my step daughter is 14m both starting telling little white lies and big lies to get out of trouble. I highly reccommend stopping it now, when I was little my mom encouraged lieing to friends to be more popular and it grew to quite a little problem as a young adult. We put proper punishment for the lie of our children, because I don't want that behavior to flourish.

Dan is about to turn 13 and he will tell white lies, he doesnt tell lie to make himself feel better but he will tell lies to get himself out of trouble. For little white lies we tell him how disappointed we are in him and have a chat about lying but if it is a whopper he will get grounded or get his laptop/playstation3 taken of him for a bit.

i have a step son who is 9 and he lies alot, well he did until i started telling him he would be in bigger trouble if he lies but if he tells the truth he wont get told off as much. you need to start explaining it is wrong to lie other wise you wont know what is true and what is not

i think you need to be clear about the boundries long before they get to 9, you cant just say how do you punish them for it when they are 9, it should always be something that is no acceptable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->