LynAnne's Weight Loss and Fitness Journey

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
Since I got married in 2014 and had my two boys in November 2016 and August this year I've put on somewhere in the region of three stone. I went from walking about 2-3 miles five days a week to doing virtually no consistent exercise. My diet is overall pretty good but I have a sweet tooth and I'm partial to a takeaway and as I've gotten older I can't get away with eating the junk food quite as much.

Besides laziness and unhealthy food choices here and there, I can attribute the weight gain to a few other factors. The multiple pregnancy losses, the two successful pregnancies, the second floor flat that is really difficult to get kids and a buggy down the stairs myself, exhaustion from having two under two and turning to food in the evening as a treat.

Next year is going to be a big year for us as a family. Both DH and I turn 30, we plan on moving into a house, we have two big family holidays (one in July 2019, one in October 2019) and it'll be our 5th wedding anniversary. There's lots to look forward to and I'm sure lots of photos will be taken. I don't want to either avoid photos of what is looking likely to be one of the best years yet or hate the way I look in them so I've decided that I've made enough excuses, it's time to do something about this!

It's not just about wanting to be slimmer and more body confident, I want to be healthy and fitter for my boys. I want to watch them grow up, to meet my grandchildren - even my great grandchildren! I want to set a good example, to be able to play and run after them without them without getting out of breath for years to come. I want them to develop healthy habits.

I'm starting small with the hope to shift a bit of the weight and slim down by Christmas before really going for it come the New Year. I've found a couple of online workouts which are short and sweet while claiming to target the areas that need most work. I also want to start up my daily yoga again - for my mental wellbeing if nothing else. Eventually (probably once we have moved) I hope to add a daily 30 minute walk with the boys to my exercise. I'd say no more takeaways but I don't want to deprive myself of "treats" so instead I'm limiting it to once a month while also cutting down on sugar where possible. Oh, and keep an eye on those portion sizes with sharing bags of crisps and sweets!! We always have a meat free meal but I'm thinking of aiming for two or three a week instead and generally healthier meals.

I don't have a number in mind for me to reach. I dont expect to get down to the 9st of my early twenties but I do know I want to start by getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight which was 10st 10lbs and means losing about 16lbs. Really it's more about how I feel in myself. My real goal is to get my collar bones back to being visible which is such a silly goal but I know that's when I'll feel better (if my thighs could stop rubbing too that would be grand). I used to be a UK size 8-10 and I'm currently more of a 12-14. My goal is to get to a size 10-12 but more of a size 10.

tldr:

AIM:
• drop from a UK size 12-14 to size 10
• lose about 16lbs
• to see my collar bones again
• get fitter

METHOD
• cut down the sugar and takeaways
• eat more veggie meals
• pay attention to portion sizes
• short and sweet online workouts
• 30 minute daily walks (in the new year and whenever possible before then)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->