M/C 3 weeks ago... ovualting... to soon to try again?!

susywoosy

Mum of two!
Reaction score
I had a mc 3 weeks ago. Had a natural mc at home. Was pretty painful and really sad. Hubby and I were delighted to be pregnant but lost baby a week after finding out. Did a HPT after bleeding stopped and it was negative so i know my hormone levels dropped to normal. I havent had a period yet but started testing for ovulation using OPK's. It appears I am ovulating or just about to. Is it too soon to try again or should I wait til i have my first normal period? :wacko::wacko: :hugs:

It's really a personal decision. I have decided to wait. Good luck!

Hi there, I had my m/c 3 weeks ago today (i was 5w+3) and we decided to try again straight away. I ov'ed last week 2 weeks after m/c. Now waiting to see if we have done it or not. We had been trying for 2 and a 1/2 years prior to getting our bfp so we really dont want to waste any time. Do what feels right for you.

Any OB/GYN is going to tell you to wait to TTC again after two cycles. You can still have a healthy pregnancy after just one cycle but no Dr is going to tell you to get pregnant again after a naturally MC without at least one cycle b.c you need to allow your uterus to build up it's liner again.

I really think its a personal decision. I m/c on June 26th and OH and I have started trying again straight away. I really feel like part of dealing with this is for me to get pregnant again, expecially with so many people around me being pregnant.

This is a duplicate thread?? :wacko: as replied to this already :laugh2:

I'm really sorry to hear about your mc. Losing a baby is the saddest thing and it seems to be an instinctive thing to want to start ttc straightaway. However, I think your docs would probably advise you to wait for at least one cycle before you try again. Its partly for dating purposes and to help you recover emotionally but my doc told me there can be a slightly higher risk of mc if you conceive straightaway. Personally I didn't wait before ttc after my loss (I had a tfmr @ 18 weeks in March) but as it happens it took 2 cycles for me to conceive and I'm now 7 weeks pregnant and scared witless at every little symptom in case something's up! Lol
Anyway, good luck and I hope everything works out well for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->