M/C 3 weeks ago... ovulating... to soon to try again?!

susywoosy

Mum of two!
Reaction score
I had a mc 3 weeks ago. Had a natural mc at home. Was pretty painful and really sad. Hubby and I were delighted to be pregnant but lost baby a week after finding out. Did a HPT after bleeding stopped and it was negative so i know my hormone levels dropped to normal. I havent had a period yet but started testing for ovulation using OPK's. It appears I am ovulating or just about to. Is it too soon to try again or should I wait til i have my first normal period? :wacko::wacko: :hugs:

Sorry for your loss. :hugs:

You should ttc when you feel ready to, some people ttc straight away (I have) & others wait, unless you've been advised to wait by your Dr for medical reasons

GL & fx'd you get your sticky bean soon

if you feel ready go for it. i didnt wait for a period after my MMC caus ei knew i was ovulating and couldnt just leave an egg when i knew it was there lol.

I have got to be honest, I got very little advice from doctors etc and even when I was going through the mc the AE dept and EPU suggested I monitor it at home. I've had no follow up visits with dr and have managed the whole mc at home with hubby. I know I passed the sac etc and then I bled just like a normal period.

Not sure what to do... would like to try again but it is a scary thought to go through a mc again but want to be a mummy

Thanks for your advice xx :hugs:

I tried again when I got my positive opk the same cycle. Like ljo1984 I didn't want to waste an egg. :) Though it didn't result in anything, I think it helped me in the healing process to move forward with TTC :hugs:

Hi there, I m/c 3 weeks ago at 5w+3. Had some heavy bleeding and then it was like a normal period, ovulated last week and we decided to make the most of it and try straight away. Like you I have dealt with the whole thing from home without any real input from the docs, they just did a blood test. Do what ever feels right for you and good luck

Sorry for your loss susy :hug:

I'm in the waiting to ovulate after natural mc, my mc started 7/7/10 and by day 2 my hcg was 74, I passed everything quite quickly and week later hcg was 0. I have all the signs I am going to Ov soon myself and DP have decided for ourselves to not waste an egg I believe it has helped us move on.

I have got all my info about what to do from reading online, doctor at hospital was useless, he said wait 6 month :ignore: he really didn't know what he was talking about, go with how you feel like others have said, all the best with everything and :dust: :flower:

Hi girls. Thanks for all the advice. It has been pretty useful and makes me realise I am not on my own... so many others going through the same thing xx

Hi hun... so sorry for your loss. I was told to wait a cycle (so the lining builds back up) but I had the same feeling that if I caught the eggy it was meant to be. I am not even sure I o'd this cycle anyway. But I couldn't risk questioning my self and the what ifs if we hadn't tried... Does that make sense? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->