• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

M/C June 2012 - recovery & TTC buddies wanted

Hi all,
Hope you don't mind me joining in.
I had a m/c on 5th June, at about 5 or 6 weeks. I'm now TTC. My doctor advised I don't need to wait - he said that the body will let you get pregnant again when it's ready so go for it. He also said the only reason some doctors prefer you to wait 1 cycle before TTC is so that dating is easier. Had a terrible time even losing our baby so early, so my heart breaks for those of you who lost babies much later in the pregnancy - I'm so sorry to read your stories.
I'm now trying to work out the murky waters of tracking temperatures and ovulation and such - all I seem to have worked out is that I have no idea what I am doing! I could swear my temps tell me I have already ovulated a couple of days ago but am only at day 11 in my cycle. Although when we fell pregnant we only DTD once that month (we're old and tired!) on cycle day 8, so I guess it's possible I ovulate early?
We're a bit older - I'm 40 and my husband is 43 - so we don't have the luxury of time on our side. We have an amazing 14 month old who is just the light of my life. I can't wai to give him a brother or sister.
Here's to successful pregnancies for us all xo

What's baby aspirin? I want some this if it will help! X

Baby asprin is low dose asprin ... My doctor told me that it will increase blood flow to uterus and ovaries... and also when I conceive it will prevent blood clotting in placenta.

Welcome numbe2woohoo ... It may be possible that you are ovulating early... I can't say for sure about charting as I dont chart but I have heard they are pretty accurate... We just BD every other day starting CD13 s I ovulate late.
Good luck for this cycle :flower:

I'm going to start baby aspirin after my bloods hav been checked. I read it's no harm whether u hav had a mc or not. Xx

Interesting comments regarding baby aspirin.

Are you ladies still taking prenatal vitamin? I started prenatal vitamin ~2/3 months before I started ttc and have been taking it ever since. Haven't been taking it for the past few days. DH & I would probably try again as soon as my body is ready. So I guess it's a good idea to continue taking it huh?

Yeah it is Ixb, Hun just noticed u when on Leinzloves thread too hope ur ok? So hard for us ladies dealing with losses. X

hi cheryl. Yep, I'm still stalking leinz's thread and rooting for those ladies to nice and healthy!

Yeah... for us ladies, the pain is both emotional and physical. These experiences are certainly not to be forgotten. Just trying hard to stay strong and positive as this is the only way to go. How are you today hun?

I'm ok cant wait till the 24th so I can start trying again, getting my bloods done tht day too... Hoping we all get our rainbows. :)

I'm scheduling another appt with the dr. today and hopefully I don't need to go through another round of the medication. Had another appt on the 24th as well with the dr to see how things are. Will schedule d&c if things didn't look good.

I had a natural mc in march and a dnc on tues and I felt much better after the dnc I was in so much pain in march but the dnc was quick closure Hun. Cx

The PA prescribed me with the medication to help me get started. Took it on Tues, cramps/clogs on Wed. Had u/s yesterday, PA said they still see gestational sac in me and wanted to up the dosage and go on another round of medication tomorrow. BUT, after the appt last night, had severe pain (and LOTS of clogs + lots of bleeding + I think I saw gestational sac). That's why I wanted to schedule another appt today and hopefully u/s to see if I still need to go round 2 on the medication (it is painful :cry:)

As hope thts it all way Hun.. It is very painful passing it urself never had a trauma like tht. X

Hi, I am new to this site! I am sorry for your losses.

I am in the same boat and trying to wait until August at the earliest.

I fell pregnant in our first month of TTC, we felt so lucky and on :cloud9: this was our first :baby:. We went for a private scan at 9 weeks, we had told close family and I was so excited, I had seen heartbeat at 6 weeks. However, at this scan the lady could see a heartbeat and I knew something was wrong. I went to EPAU the next day and was re scanned which confirmed I had had a mmc. This was such a shock as I had had no mc signs. The baby measured 7 + 2! I oped for medical management and passed our baby in hospital on 9 July! The process was not as bad as I had expected but this last week has been horrible, can't stop :cry:

I just want to be pregnant, I have been advised to wait for at least 1 cycle, but 1 week on I am still bleeding a little and I can't wait to start TTC again!!! I only hope it happens as quick again but frightened it won't and frightened it will happen again. Been reading lots of posts and hoping talking about this may help me come to terms with what has happened over the last 2 weeks!

Hi xannax, so sorry to hear about your loss. I, too, am TTC for #1 and got bfp on cycle #8. And was told a MMC at my 8wk scan, measured at ~7 wks. Went back a week later along with blood work, and hcg is not rising as expected. Went through a round of medication on July 10th and still bleeding now. Painful process indeed. Dr said to wait for at least one normal AF before start TTC again. August seem so far away, but not too far :)

This is something hard to come to terms with and certainly can't be easily forgotten. We all need to move on from this as this is the only way we can make things better. Also need to stay strong and positive! And most importantly to stay healthy :)

im so sorry for your loss, i cant imagine how you feel especially after being so far laong in your pregnancy. i also lost my angel on december 19th of 2011 four days after hearing the heartbeat i still cant get over it. I was due the 31st of this month. So along with all of that i am now 16 days late for AF with negative hpts :(. My heart is breaking for al of you ladies and myself

Hi everyone and I'm sorry for your losses. Here is my story:
I found out I was pregnant on June 12. At around 6.5 weeks, I started spotting but it was just a tinge when I wiped. The spotting then increased a little, so I went to the hospital. I had had a blood test 6 days prior, and knew that my hcg level was 4013. The doc ordered blood test 48 hours apart, and an ultrasound for the next day. The blood test from that day was 5030, so my levels had only gone up by 1000 in 6 days; however, the doctor did not seem concerned by this.
The following day, I returned for an ultrasound. The technician did a trans-vag ultrasound and let me hear the heartbeat. She told me everything looked good and the heartbeat was 113. The doctor working in emergency then met with us and told us that everything was fine, and that I had a healthy pregnancy in my uterus, and that bleeding is common during the first trimester. I asked him about the fact that my hcg levels had only risen about 1000 over a week, and he said the only thing that matters is that they are rising.
My husband and I left feeling so happy and relieved, thinking everything was ok.
The next day, I returned to the hospital for my second blood test. I called in later for the results, and the doctor said that the levels had only gone up by about 500 and she was concerned, and that I should see my doctor get another ultrasound done when possible. This was on a Saturday, and coincidentally, I had one booked for the following Monday.
But by Sunday night, I was bleeding more heavily and started having pain in my lower back. I had to go for frequent bowel movements, at which time more blood would flow. By 2:30 a.m. the pain was in the front as well, and my husband drove me to the hospital. By the time we got there, I was in excruciating pain. Luckily it was not busy, and they rushed me in right away. They did a blood test, and then put me in a room. I started vomiting and the nurse went to get the doctor right away, who put me on an IV with morphine (THANK GOD!) and something for the nausea.
Once the drugs kicked in completely and the pain was finally gone, the doctor did a pelvic exam. She said she could see what she assumed was the gestational sac coming and pulled it out. She sent it for testing to confirm.
The doctor prescribed Tylenol 3 with Codeine for any pain, and I was sent home. I didn't have too much physical pain afterward, but I took the pills for a couple of days afterward to numb the emotional pain I felt.
I spotted for about a week after, and passed two large clots about 3 days after. I felt very tired, sad, and a bit angry over the last week. Finally, the bleeding seems to have stopped about 2 days ago, and I have felt a lot better both physically and emotionally over the last 3 days.
Today (1 week and 2 days after mc) I went for a follow up appointment at the hospital. They did blood work and a trans-vag ultrasound. My hcg levels are now only 44 (they must have been around 5000 when I miscarried). I spoke with the OBGYN on the phone and he said the hcg levels are falling as well as can be expected at this stage. I go for another blood in a week, and then see the OBGYN a couple of days later to discuss everything.

I have to say that the miscarriage was the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. I am not sure why it seems to be more physically painful for some people than others, but I do know that it was so bad I was vomiting and shaking and delerious.

I'm glad we have this forum to talk about it. If feels good to get it all out and to not feel alone. So thanks to everyone for sharing!

So sorry to hear about your loss sherstan :hugs: and glad that you're feeling better both emotionally and physically. Regarding the excruciating pain... I thought my AF cramps were pretty bad but it was nowhere near the natural passing from mc. Thank goodness for those pain killers huh?

Something I have noticed is that we all feel this need to keep it all so secret. When I did mention what had happened to a couple of close friends, every single one had a story they shared on how they could relate to my situation. So many women lose babies but they don't share this info out, so you just have no idea it happens so often till it happens to you. Hope you are all doing ok xo

i spotted brownish blood on 18th at night and the following day,ligbt spotting.when i went 2 d hospital 4 scan,i was told i had a missed miscarriage and was 2 do a DC.was 11wks gone but a foetus was 5wks.it was a painful experience and my 1st pregnancy.waiting for d nxt cycle 2 try again.

So sorry for all your losses. My M/c is still dragging on - still haven't passed the sac which is keeping my hcg from falling properly.

Crazy thing is while I was pregnant i was doing hpt every other day to make sure they were getting stronger and they were - in fact the strongest one I had was on the day I started brown spotting :-( Life plays cruel tricks - just need to look onwards and upwards now.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->