• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

M/C June 2012 - recovery & TTC buddies wanted

Yes I think everyone is different in terms of physical pain, I was lucky (if you can even call it that in this situation) in that I had very little pain other than period type cramping for an hour. However, I think we all go through the same emotional turmoil!

I agree as well we don't talk about if enough, I feel so alone yet I am in told this happens to 1 in 5 pregnancies! I sometimes feel I would like to tell someone, like work collegues so they understand what I'm going through, but I feel it's not common place to talk about such things and that it would be considered inappropriate.

I am with you hapvic waiting and waiting on my next cycle, I seem to have just finished bleeding from mc (fingers crossed) but have been told by hospital to check HCG levels by taking a pregnancy test, which seems so cruel, on Friday.

Anna

SamsMum - our body can be tricky sometimes. sending positive thoughts your way and hopefully your sac will pass soon.

I think I am lucky in terms of having an early mc for this unhealthy bean/pregnancy. I would much rather it happen now than later. AFM, bleeding seems to stop now. Just brown spotting today. Like some of you ladies, I'm sitting here waiting to start ttc again.

Having to go through mc definitely change our perspective in life and our attitude towards ttc/pregnancy. Thinking back I was pretty naive!

When I saw some posts over at TWW site when people asking if they were pregnant because they have all these symptoms when they're 1dpo, it just made me shake my head. I'm sure they were just eager to know and eager to get their bfp... but I don't think you can get all these symptoms (nausea/vomitting and all these MS) when you're at 1DPO (well.. that's assuming they are really at 1DPO). Sorry for the vent. And I'm sorry if I've offended anyone.

Yes, I'm sure most of us are anxious to start ttc again. For me, the spotting stopped about 6 days after. I was lucky enough to pass the gestational sac while at the hospital, and 3 days later passed two large clots. I basically stopped spotting at about 6 days after the mc, and we started bd'ing that night. We took it really slow and easy for the first couple of nights, but the last couple of nights seem back to 'normal'.
My hcg levels were down from about 5000 to 44 as of two days ago, so I'm hoping to be down to below 5 in the next few days; my next blood test is in 6 days and I see the OBGYN in 8 days to discuss everything.
I know a lot of people say that you should wait until at least one period before ttc, but other sources say that this is just so you can date the pregnancy. I trust that my body knows best, and we are not using protection. I'm not going to start temping until after I have a period; however, I am doing an ovulation predictor test every day so that if it does happen, at least I will have a date range.
I'm curious:
how long did bleeding last for other people?
how long are other people waiting before ttc again?
has anybody ovulated and/or gotten their period yet, and if so, how long did it take?

Sherstan. My bleeding was 3-4 days light brown spotting and then 3-4 heavier bleeding - like a heavy period. If I'd finished a natural m/c, I would be ttc straight away, but as it looks like I need an ERPC then we may wait one cycle to let things settle down.

I am told by the docs that my cycle won't happen until I pass the sac, but last week u/s showed developing follicles and this week a big cyst, which often happens post ovulation, but I guess I'll never know if I really ov'd or not!

HCG has RISEN from 249 to 310 this week....this little empty sac is hanging on for dear life, so have to go for ERPC Monday.

Those are great questions Sherstan. I'm curious too! It depends on women and it also depends on how far along they are.

I also read that the reason to wait for AF is for dating purposes. I also read that some ladies got their BFP while waiting for their first AF to show~ And are currently having their healthy pregnancy. I guess our bodies will know if we're ready?

As for me, mmc at 7w4d:
I took medication on Tuesday 7/10, spotting starts along with small clots.
~2 days later, Thursday 7/12, severe cramps + passed gestational sac along with lots of large clots and heavy bleeding!
~2 days later, bleeding seems to slow down as if it's all gone.
But a day later, I have AF type clots/cramps and it lasted for 3 days (my usual AF lasted 3/4 days then became spotting).

So from medication to spotting, 10 days (including today -- with yesterday & today spotting).

I have blood work schedule for tomorrow (7/11 blood work measured me at 2100 HCG) and appt on tuesday 7/24 to see how things are progressing.

how long did bleeding last for other people?
how long are other people waiting before ttc again?
has anybody ovulated and/or gotten their period yet, and if so, how long did it take?

I miscarried quite early, at about 6 to 8 weeks.
I had 4 days of heavier than normal period type bleeding, with the addition of some rather painful cramping.
We are not waiting at all - and our doctor has told us that barring any fertility issues, in general the body will let you get pregnant again when it is ready. He said some doctors say to wait till you have a period but it's only for dating purposes really.
My M/C was on 4th June. I had a period 29 days later, my cycle is normally 28 days. I have ovulated since then and am in the 2WW stage of my cycle now.
Hope this info helps. Good luck xo

Thanks for all of your replies.
5 days ago, my hcg levels were at 44; today, I did a pregnancy test and it's negative. WOOHOO! There may be a faint hint of a line, but it's one of the Clearblue tests so it's hard to tell if it's an evaporation line or not. So I'm feeling confident that by the time I have my next blood test in 4 days, my levels should be below 5.
It's so funny - before I was wishing for a BFP, now I'm wishing for a BFN so that I can start hoping for a BFP again LOL

I've been doing ovulation predictor tests since 5 days after I passed the gestational sac, but so far they have all been negative....

Great news Sherstan!

I've had some light bleeding today - first in over 2 weeks. Hope that it is the beginning of the sac passing and that it's out before my ERPC on Monday! Send me 'unsticky vibes' people please!

L xxx

SamsMum - sending unsticky vibes your way! Keep us posted!

:)

Hi I mc I'm march had bleeding 2 wks started trying straight away ovulated 34 days later then af came 10 days after tht......got BFP on the 17th June

2nd mc was 9 July dnc on the 10th 1 da of light bleeding.. Started bedding 15th and ttc started my OPKs on the 16th.. They are getting darker hoping for a positive OPK this wk. xx

Yep tomorrow...unless by some miracle the sac passes today. FX x

Aw Hun I've heard it's better to get the dnc cos it clears u out and then it can make u more fertile. Xx

Hi Cheryl, I just noticed we miscarried on the same day 9th July! Mine was medically managed. How are you coping? Are you waiting for next cycle before trying again?

Xannax and Cheryl - I miscarried at the same time as well. Basically overnight from July 8-9...
Cheryl - So happy to hear about your pos OPK! I'm assuming that this means your are ttc right away? My mc was natural, so I bled for about 6 days after. I guess it will take me longer to ovulate? I've been doing OPK's since about 5 days after the mc, but so far totally negative.

Xannax - are you ttc right away?

Hey ladies I haven't been on in a while. Every last one of you have been in my prayers. I have been trying to carry on because it gets hard sometimes. I am on cd 4 and I am going to be trying the smep plan this cycle. I hope this cycle brings a rainbow baby.:happydance:

Sirbaby I like the sound of that plan. Might try the same here - we are on cycle day 1 (blast!). I was figuring every other day for the next 3 weeks, hadn't heard of SMEP but will try to follow that instead.
Cheers

Sirbaby I like the sound of that plan. Might try the same here - we are on cycle day 1 (blast!). I was figuring every other day for the next 3 weeks, hadn't heard of SMEP but will try to follow that instead.
Cheers

Well sounds like we are only a few days apart. We can motivate one another. August bfps please?! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->