M&P luna pushchair - sh*t

Dionne

Reaction score
really really pissed off with my new buggy

its hard to explain but..........
the staps are not attached to the backrest, so the child can lean completely forward, i went through the shop Door earlier Harley leaned right out to the side completely dangling iver and smashed his head of the door,
i emailed mamas and papas last night saying how it seemed very dangerous, i have just got hom to email them again and i have this email

The vast majority of our pushchairs now come with what we call a ‘free moving harness’ this is a five point harness (determined by the anchorage points to the buckle) but is not attached to the backrest in any way, meaning that your child is restrained in the pushchair, but not restricted and therefore has the freedom to move the upper part of their body.

The five point harness used on all our prams has been rigorously tested for British Standard compliance and we are therefore more than confident in the suitability for purpose.

As the seat unit is designed to suit children from birth to an approximate age of 2-3 years. The waist and shoulder straps have been designed to adjust accordingly. We strongly recommend that the straps are checked each time you use the pushchair to ensure the fit accommodates your growing child and any seasonal clothing.

i have looked on ebay and there are LOADS being sold after being used once or twice, and alot of people are complaining about them,only 1 lady has been sucesfull in getting a refund though.

what can i do, im mage pissed off its pathetic how unsafe it is

here is a review from other mums
https://www.thinkbaby.co.uk/forum/f...1/srchdte/0/cp/1/v/1/sp/332984698804344649332

I would ....

E-mail them back asking if they got kids and would they put there kids in it??

Also Trawl the net for reviews and show them to them to M&P

cheeky sods!

xxx

i would definetly push for a refund hun if you think its unsafe then i think you should get your money back!!!!

i have been reading loads of reviews and M&P say it has been tested with a dummy though.

how stupid! dummies dont fooking move, its pathetic how unsafe it is icannot believe they are still selling them

one lady her son was leaning forward when she went down a curb it fell completely over and her sons head was cm's away from the concrete floor!

would it be donw to m&p to sort it out?

i bought it from a baby shop near me, i am going there tonight any way to return a lamp i bought Dior could i kick off with them?

yeah totally kick off!!!!!

thats so not right!

Fookin hell i would tell them that it is not suitable for your son who is 14mths old let alone a newborn ...

send the reviews and tell em you want something sorted!

xxx

give me examples,

i am crap at these things i stutter and dont no what to say

when they tell me it passed all the saftey tests what do i say to that?

im not botherd about money back, maybe just change it for another buggy, the Ziko maybe?

give me examples,

i am crap at these things i stutter and dont no what to say

when they tell me it passed all the saftey tests what do i say to that?

im not botherd about money back, maybe just change it for another buggy, the Ziko maybe?

something along the lines of "give me another buggy or i will bitch slap you arse" :rofl:

only joking lol

i would take a picture or video or harley in it leaning over , print off any complaints you can find online about it. write exactly what happended with harley. just explain why/how you feel its unsafe , Make sure you are polite to them.

if they reply offering nothing or not even aknowledging the safety issues

then write another saying you have been to trading standards/health and safety and say you are making a petition etc etc etc

ive seen LOTS of complaints recently about M&P safety and quality of thier items. I expect their factory is in mongolia or something now as a cost cutting regime :rofl: ......maybe bin laden runs it , hes out of work these days :rofl:

LMFAO!!

I'd ask them how do they know its safe when tested by a dummy ... does a dummy lean forward? or have the stregnth of a child ...

Print off reveiws and ... hell start a patition!!

xxx

ok, this has got me a little worried...we had a Peg Perego Pliko Lite (Mamas and Papas but a different name) and Kai was fine in this, we changed it back to the Peg Perego Aria last week as bascially the basket was a mess and the whole pushchair just got so dirty.

Kai has been sitting forward in it and his head has been leaning over sometimes, I thought it was me with the straps as I couldn't tighten them but should have used some common sense. I am going back to where I brought it from this afternoon and see what they say as it has been pissing me off, hopefully it is just the straps and not the actual make of pushchair, if so I have to buy another one as we got the Aria, December 2005.

Dionne might even be worth getting on the forums whee ppl are complaining and put amass load of complaints to watchdog, especially as kids are involved they'd probably go to town on it. Might get them to give in then.

OMG how can they say thats safe? Hope his poor head is ok Dionne

x

I'd be kicking up a right stink ...

dionne you want some help lol?? pmsl

xxx

Would u make your money back on it selling on ebay?

Ive just had a look and I have never seen so many buggies for sale that are only a few days/weeks old.

A lot of people must have found this problem too hun!x

I wouldn't sell it on Ebay, 1 it probably won't go and 2 do you really want to give it to some other poor begger who will probably have the same problems?

I would threaten them with legal action if they do not refund your money as you feel the pram is extremely unsafe and your son has already been injured. Just the threat of having to go through small claims court could get them to pull their finger out. You could also point out that their testing with a dummy doesn't really compare to a real moving baby.

You could even consider getting a one off letter from a solicitor done to really scare em, it shouldn't be expensive.

I love writing complaint letters, but companies like this take the piss and don't listen to what you're saying. I say you get all the reviews (someone else said this too, I know :) ) and send them to Mamas & Papas/contact all the mums you can that have experienced the same, and give their contact details to M&P too or better still, get them to e-mail too.

Demand something is done about it. I have the pliko pramette and I know that has a 5 point harness, don't know if it's the same one though? and id not like to think my baby can fall about in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->