Maca root, anyone?

gradschoolmum

Reaction score
About a month ago, I started using maca root- I heard it could help fertility but was also just a good thing to add to your diet. I ended up really liking it (I'm assuming that's the difference I've felt). People say it increases sex drive; I haven't noticed difference there, but that wasn't lacking. But I do feel like I can go in the morning without having coffee- probably a plus when TTC, right?
I read though the other day that you maybe shouldn't use it everyday (no explanation found). Anyone have any advise on this?

(Also- anyone have a maca root success story? Or just take it just because of a good side effect?)

I hadn't heard about not taking it everyday, mine is arriving tomorrow so haven't tried it yet. But looking forward to it! Are you taking any other supplements?

It's a high nutrient food. You can have it everyday if you like, but just don't over do it- just like not eating too many bananas or too much rice.

Thanks, cppeace!

fxmummyduck- I've only been taking one capsule per day which is 500 mg, and then yesterday increased to 1000 mg (so two capsules per day). Just wanted to ease into it. I don't think there's anything wrong with staring with 1000 mg, but my body sometimes reacts oddly to things so I always start with a lower quantity. The instructions on my bottle said take one or two a day so I won't take any more that 1000 mg, though places on the internet say could possibly take more. My husband also just started taking it last week, and he's still at 500 mg.

I have definitely noticed a difference in energy levels.
I haven't noticed this with me, but my husband says he has- maca root can be known to increase your appetite. I think if you are aware of that and eat wisely, you shouldn't see any unwanted weight gain (only hoping for baby weight gain!)

I'm only also taking a prenatal, but I've been doing that since we got married. Trying to eat more nutrient rich foods (avocados, sweet potatoes, leafy greens, etc) and cut back on caffeine and added sugars.

This is our first month trying so while I thought I would try some things, I didn't want to try every supplement out there.

Thanks gradschoolmum, I can't remember how many mg I ordered but intend to just follow what it says on the bottle.

I'm also taking vitex, b12, folic acid and omegas. I've cut down on the epo though as it made my pms symptoms worse!!

Onto month 5 now so getting crazy impatient!

This is our second month on maca. I have longer cycles as I don't mature follicles properly. We have been ttc'ing for a year, but looking into getting it done naturally as much as possible.

First moth on Maca was a close call. Bloodwork showed I implanted but it didn't stay as I took progesterone mid cycle for 5 days.

I would try Maca with Materna and have healthy diet. Do not include any other herb or chemical with it.

I'll keep you posted on my Maca journey

Lots of baby dust to you ✨✨✨✨

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"