Mad itching ... likely PUPPP

tulip1975

Reaction score
I started itching under my belly button maybe 10 days ago, and then it started looking like a rash and spreading to my arms and legs. My doc tested my liver function for OC/ICP, but I won't have the results back for a few days. I don't have itching on my palms or the bottoms of my feet, so I really think it is PUPPP.

This is so miserable. I just hit 37 weeks today and spend my afternoons and evenings crying because I want to claw my skin off. I am trying every home remedy that I could google, but nothing has served as the miracle yet!

It's like I am allergic to this baby now, and I although I was determined to go to term, I just really want him out now.

I knew the last month would be challenging, but not like this!

Im currently going through the same thing except mine hit at 34/35 weeks in. Try calamine lotion. It wont completely kill the itch but for me its helped a little. You might try Benadryl too. My doctor said its perfectly safe to take and she actually put me on a stronger dose of it. I still itch but its become slightly more tolerable. Also oatmeal baths have helped but only when I am in the bath. After getting out I do itch again. Im sorry you are going through this and I completely feel your pain. My doctors are talking about inducing me in the next week if I am favorable because the itching is so unbearable!

Edited to add: Unfortunately their is no miracle cure. You will itch until your baby is born and only then will it "hopefully" subside!

Today I actually started itching on my feet while I was still in the oatmeal bath. The best relief I have found so far is cold compresses and soaking my feet/ankles in cold water. I've also noticed that some areas I want to dry up while others (my belly) I want to moisturize.

I bought Grandpa's Pine Tar soap today, but I've only used it once so far.

I'm not sure if Benadryl is helping or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->