made a decision :(. not happy but its best for us :(

FsMummy

single mum to 4 cuties
Reaction score
well its a sad day for me today :cry:

i dont know if anyone will remember but i wrote a thread about expressing for night feeds so dds were exclusively having breastmilk. well i tried this and just couldnt express enough or find the time to express during the day. anyways ive done a complete 360 as ive decided to increase the amount of formula they have. :cry: im hating doing it but i just cant carry on just bf them during the day. itd b different if it was just the one baby i think but the flat is disgusting and dd is always bored and i dont even get time to have a decent bath. im rarely even dressed these days lol im always sitting about in my pjs wit babies on my boobs and literally have no time to keep the flat clean or spend time with my eldest. the last couple of days theyve had two bottles during the day and its given me so much more time ive even been able to finally tidy dds room and take her old toys to charity shop as they sleep much longer. i am still nursing them as much as possible (am nursing them right now :D) and want to get some fenugreek or something to keep my supply up. its not a decision i wanted to make but i think its the best decision for us. i'm not a bf hero anymore lol what are your thoughts on my decision ladies?

ps is it too much to hope that i can still cut out ff at some point when they are a little bit older or will they have come to rely on it? im thinking when they are old enough to amuse themselves with teddies and toys to give me time to do other things

You are definitely still a bfing hero hon, you're doing brilliantly! :hugs:

You've got to find something that works for you and all aspects of your life and family. Happy mum = happy babies and that's all that matters. I gave Aisling some formula especially at night until she was 5 weeks old and she's been exclusively breastfed since then so it's definitely possible to wean them back off formula if that is what you'd like to do in the future.

Huge :hug:, you're great! :D

What she said!! ^^^^

You ARE a BF hero darling!! You dont get that taken away from you for giving a bit of formula and making it work for you!! Do what you need to do to get by right now and who knows what the future might bring xxx

:hugs:

hun it sound slike you are doing great :)
there is no shame in giving a bit of formula, you need to do what is best for you and your babies :)

There is no shame in giving formula hun. Especially when you have twins. My goodness, I have no idea how you even have time to type, or anything, I can not imagine how hard it is. You are fantastic for even trying if for a day much less getting through 6 weeks!!!

bfing twins?!??!??! Man your DEFINATELY a breastfeeding hero! Bfing is hard enough with one baby, you have done such an amazing job bfing 2... I cant imagine how hard it is.

You definately need to rest and you need time for yourself and time for your older child... Is your older child old enough to help feed some of the bottles? That may interest her, helping mummy with the babies?

If giving a couple bottles helps you do that then there is absolutely no shame hun.

You need to do what is right for you hun and I think you've done a fab job, I know a few people with twins and none of them even tried bf.

I can totally understand your reasons for giving formula. My house is always a mess and it gets me down so much but as im up 2/3 times a night with Lucas I spend pretty much everyday like a bloody zombie I just don't have the energy to do anything im seriously considering switching all feeds to formula as im going loopy with lack of sleep. I think id loose my mind altogether if I was bf twins so you are def still a bf hero !!

OMG you are still so much a BF hero!! I don't know how you manage BF twins either, you have done brilliantly!

I have definitely said this before....but you amaze me and are quite an inspiration that you are bfing your two girls. Often when I'm sat having a bad cluster feeding night with Olivia I think about you with your twins AND having another little one to look after!

A few bottles of formula won't stop you being a hero! xxxx

^^^what they said^^^ lol
i am knackered enough BF one let alone 2, dont forget you have given them the best possible start and they are still having some breast feeds so are still getting the good stuff x

Dont feel guilty, I combine feed as it works for Ellis and I and thats what matters. You have an amazing job, certainly a hero of mine x x x x

Like the others have said - you've bf TWO babies for a whole month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is bloody brilliant - I don't think there are many women that would even consider it, let alone manage it!

You are doing a fabulous job, a bit of formula will give you some time and space and a happy mummy makes a happy baby...or a pair of happy babies! XX

wow thank you all so much. i feel a bit better about it now. i was just sad because i would love them to just have breast milk. ive only added 1 or 2 bottles during the day and hopefully theyll start developing some sort of routine soon so i could cut these out. at the moment they have no routine its all pretty much just cluster feeding so thats why its so hard to find any time i think. babyshambelle it means a lot to me that thinking of me and my los helps you through the cluster feeds :D they are still getting a lot of breastmilk so im ok with it now i guess. samantha675- the only time im online is when they are feeding lol its the only time i get a chance, im feeding them again atm (so u no whenever i post i am feeding them lol)

Blimey, I can never get anything done in this house and I am only breast feeding one baby, god only knows how difficult it must be to breast feed two!

You are amazing hun, the fact that you are trying to make it work is great! I doubt many multiple mums even try to breast feed so the fact that you are whether it be exclusive or not is wonderful and you should be extremely proud of yourself xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->