Made me love him more

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
(if possible)
Last night my OH's boss's gf wanted to go with a friend to the cinema and she wanted me to babysit her little girl who is 3-4 months. However she was 6 weeks prem so she still is like a newborn imo....
She has never had a rountine and her mum just leaves her to play with herself which I just find heartbreaking! Her mum is serverly (SP?) depressed and has to see a psychiatrist because she just cannot cope with being a mum...
Anyway by doing it it really made me appreciate Jack, I hadn't realised how important a schedule and just playing with a baby was!
Today I just look at Jack and see how much he has grown and everything he can do and it makes me so happy. I know he cant crawl and is my gummy baby but he is still my little man :cloud9:

Ahh that's sad about the mum. Her baby is the same age as mine then and she was also 6 weeks prem. TBH, we're not in much of a routine either, but I do play with her whenever she's awake and love being a mum more than anything in the world :cloud9:

Ahh that's sad about the mum. Her baby is the same age as mine then and she was also 6 weeks prem. TBH, we're not in much of a routine either, but I do play with her whenever she's awake and love being a mum more than anything in the world :cloud9:
I agree, I would be making more of an effort to play with her and cuddles but she just leaves her on her mat when I go round and she just leaves her to cry until she just gives up crying and goes sleep. It has come to the point that I just don't go round! She doesn't know how lucky she has to have a baby! And maybe she should of thought it through more before getting pregnant !! Sorry for rant lol! :dohh:

I agree, I would be making more of an effort to play with her and cuddles but she just leaves her on her mat when I go round and she just leaves her to cry until she just gives up crying and goes sleep. It has come to the point that I just don't go round! She doesn't know how lucky she has to have a baby! And maybe she should of thought it through more before getting pregnant !! Sorry for rant lol! :dohh:

Thats a terrible thing to say. The woman is severely depressed to the point where she needs to see a psychiatrist.

I have depression, and i see a psychiatrist, and there have been many times when i couldnt cope with my son. Times when i couldnt bring myself to hold him or play with him, and i just wanted him to go to grandmas so i could get back into bed and sleep. There have been occasions where ive felt jealous of my son because he has my husbands attention.

As for saying she should of thought of that before getting pregnant, does anyone really think about PND before they get pregnant. Its not something that can be controlled. We cant bloody turn around and say ill get pregnant but i wont have the PND that goes with it.

I reckon your friend needs support, rather than to be discussed about on a forum.

Well the way she treats her child is appalling! She was depressed before having the baby and admitted only having a baby so her bf wouldn't leave her after cheating on her! Therefore Yes i still think she should have thought it through! She doesn't need support. she does things for attention... She does not have post natal depression it is just that she does not act like a mother at all. To the point where she does nothing fir her because she can't be bothered (she says!) thanks for turning this around. Appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->