• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Magazine article on young teenage mothers

Clare T

Reaction score
I am a writer for a weekly women's magazine called New. Following the news last week about the 13 year old boy who became a father, we are looking to run a piece on what it is really like to be a young teenage parent from the perspective of someone who has been there.

There has been a lot of tabloid discussion about teenage parenthood and many negative things written over the past few days so we would like to run a balanced piece and dispel some of the myths and stereotypes teenage mums face.

Ideally we want to speak to someone who got pregnant at the age of 14 or under and decided to keep the baby. Perhaps they are a few years older now and in a position to reflect on life as a teenage mum and the struggles they faced - both financially and in terms of people's attitudes. We'd like someone to talk about how they felt about missing out on other aspects of teenage life and whether they'd do anything differently if they could have.

We are definitely not looking to judge anyone, just to run a piece showing what life is really like as a young teenage parent.

My deadline is quite tight on this and I'm looking to speak to someone in the next couple of days. It would involve a telephone interview and someone popping round to take a picture, but we can pay a fee to any interviewee. We can also read back the feature before publication and include details of support networks etc.

If this is something you might potentially be able to help or know anyone who can with then please get in touch by email as soon as possible. My address is [email protected]

Kind Regards

Clare Thorp
New! magazine

Had my baby at 14 he is now 13 ive emailed you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116