Magic porridge!

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
As you know from my many posts, Charlie still wakes for a bottle in the night as he is hungry! We now give him a snack about 5.45, but it doesn't seem to help.

Well, I was talking so a friend on Saturday night, and her 18 month old went through the same thing a while ago. So they switched her snack biscuit and fruit to a bowl of porridge about half hour before bedtime as it takes longer to digest.

So, we tried it last night. It was porridge with some raisins stirred in and he loved it. Well...... he didn't wake up until 5.15am!!!!!:happydance::happydance:

I'm hoping it wasn't just a one-off![-o<

excellent! hope it works again for you :D

x

Hi Amanda

My oldest had to give him porriage when he was a baby as he use to wake up in the night, he was a hungry baby, glad you found a solition, the best advice i think is from others mothers unless its a medical problem, then we are just here for support,

best of luck :happydance:

Hope it carries on working for you hun
Jack stil woke for a cup of milk up until about a week ago ( touch wood) we would have tea between 5-6 and bed at 7 so no time for supper

It didn't last long. One night in fact! And last night, he point blank refused to even eat his porridge!:dohh:

Thanks for that Jo, at least I know it isn't anything I'm doing wrong. When you hear about some babies sleeping 12 hours from 4 months old, and Charlie's 14 months now, you wonder what you could have changed. But I guess some kids are just like that.

Deffinatley not anything you are doing wrong
But soooo frustrating, emily was a great little sleeper and I have done more or less the same kind of routine
Em slept through from 6 weeks, infact i missed my 6 week check LOL thwen she would be as she was a little older 8 12 4 and 8 bed and rarely woke unless poorly/teething
But Jack jesus he is a shock to my system,
so no matter what people say about routines etc... its all crap as all kids are differant
Jack is up so early 5.30-6 he still needs a nap whereas Em had stopped naps by now.
Just follow your instincts hun, he'll soon grow out of it, in the mean time have a supply of matchsticks for your eyes :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->