Maiden Name as first name

vtjess423

Soon-to-be Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My hubby and I are having hard time coming up for names for Baby #2. We find out in 2 weeks what we are having but I would like to have some name ideas now. If it's a girl her name will definitely be Jocelyn Fay but boys names are more difficult! My son's name is Steven William (nn Will). I've been considering my maiden name as a first name if this baby is a boy which is Walker (middle name is another issue :dohh:). But I'm just not sure how well that works as first name. What do you guys think? Do you think it sounds too odd as first name? Any and all opinions welcome! Of course if we decide we like it enough, we'll use it whatever people say but I'd like to hear what others think. Thanks for your help! :)

Walker is used as a first name a bit...my nephews middle name is walker...go for it!

Thanks for the opinions, guys! I definitely appreciate it. :thumbup:

And Bartness, that pic of your son with his name in your sig is adorable!! :) I love his facial expression. Priceless!

Walker is a great name - go for it!!

If our 2nd baby had been a boy, his middle name would have been Allen (my maiden name) although I'm not going to lie - I'm tempted to give it to my daughter as well!

This is a VERY common tradition here in the South, and one that I think is awesome I might add. I think Walker would make a GREAT first name!

I like it! Will and Walker! Awesome!

I really like the idea of using maiden names but mine is a bit too weird :haha: I just can't see a kid named Douthwaite!

Thanks everyone! I'm really leaning towards Walker so I'm glad to hear that it doesn't seem too different as a first name. :thumbup: We'll find out in two weeks if it's definitely a boy or girl. Yay!! Now just to think of middle names! LOL

I love Walker as a first name! Now days you see children being named pet names, geographical locations and all sorts of strange nouns. And the fact that its your maiden name makes it pretty special.

Thanks for the opinions, guys! I definitely appreciate it. :thumbup:

And Bartness, that pic of your son with his name in your sig is adorable!! :) I love his facial expression. Priceless!

Thank you! His expressions are still crazy too.

My maiden name wouldn't work as a first name either...Bartness!!

I think even if baby is a girl, you could use Walker as a middle name.

I think Walker is really nice. Our lo's middle name (Willoughby) is MIL's maiden name and I used to think about using mine for a little girl (Koren), but just never happened.

I'm using Walker as a middle name if we have a boy. It's my maiden name too and when I got married my grandad was gutted the name wouldn't be carried on (he had girls and only me as a grandchild but I had my mums maiden name as she wasn't married to my dad). I decided we would have this a few months ago but determined now as Sadly my grandad got unexpectedly ill and passed away two weeks ago. I told him when he was in hospital that this is what we were going to do (I'm hoping he could hear as he was in and out of consciousness) but didnt realise that I was pregnant at that time as I must have conceived just before I travelled to see him. We might not have a boy this time but if we do eventually it will still be the middle name. It will be strange if it is though - somehow me and my mum feel the baby is connected with grandad with the timing of it all.

It's really common in Scotland to have a maiden name as your middle name. My middle name is my Granny's maiden name and I will give my maiden name to my LO as a middle name (even though it's never used as a first name).

My friend called her little boy her maiden name and it's lovely! The only confusion we could come up with is the bank security "what's your mother's maiden name?" "No, not your first name!" but we found this funny rather than a reason not to use it!

Loubie_2012 said:
I'm using Walker as a middle name if we have a boy. It's my maiden name too and when I got married my grandad was gutted the name wouldn't be carried on (he had girls and only me as a grandchild but I had my mums maiden name as she wasn't married to my dad). I decided we would have this a few months ago but determined now as Sadly my grandad got unexpectedly ill and passed away two weeks ago. I told him when he was in hospital that this is what we were going to do (I'm hoping he could hear as he was in and out of consciousness) but didnt realise that I was pregnant at that time as I must have conceived just before I travelled to see him. We might not have a boy this time but if we do eventually it will still be the middle name. It will be strange if it is though - somehow me and my mum feel the baby is connected with grandad with the timing of it all.

That's a great way to honor your grandfather. And I'm sure your baby is connected to your grandfather as well. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My family was in a similar situation, though our name luckily won't be gone forever. From my Dad and his siblings (5 in all - 2girls, 3 boys), there are only two boys (both from male children): my brother and my cousin. My cousin currently doesn't have any children but my brother luckily does have one son who will carry on the last name of Walker for my family.

It's really common in Scotland to have a maiden name as your middle name. My middle name is my Granny's maiden name and I will give my maiden name to my LO as a middle name (even though it's never used as a first name).

My friend called her little boy her maiden name and it's lovely! The only confusion we could come up with is the bank security "what's your mother's maiden name?" "No, not your first name!" but we found this funny rather than a reason not to use it!

I was thinking about the security question thing as well. LOL It is kind a funny but it's confusing and if I do have a boy and decide to go with Walker, I hope it doesn't cause him problems! :)

I LOVE Walker, esp. with Will!

Ideas for middle names...

Walker Chase
Walker James
Walker Anthony
Walker Patrick
Walker Texas Ranger

....KIDDING! :D

I love Walker as well. . .and have a Taylor, which is my maiden name. :)

I LOVE Walker, esp. with Will!

Ideas for middle names...

Walker Chase
Walker James
Walker Anthony
Walker Patrick
Walker Texas Ranger

....KIDDING! :D

:rofl:

That's funny. My brother is a police officer and some of his friends used to kid with him and call him Walker Texas Ranger. LOL My hubby is a big Star Wars fan and wanted to name our first son Luke Sky Walker (and he wouldn't be opposed to naming this one that either if my bean turns blue). :haha: But I wouldn't let him do that. :winkwink: Thanks for the middle name suggestions to, btw.

Yeah, they come up with crazy ideas don't they! My OH was really stuck on the name Daisy for a while with dd#2 as his surname is similar to Dukes (spelled differently)

I was not naming my child Daisy Dukes! :dohh:

I like Walker James! Walker Chase isn't bad either. :)
Walker Francis came to my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->