Main present for 4yr old.

CaptainMummy

Reaction score
I'm a bit stuck for a main present for my 4yr old girl. She got a bike for her birthday, her dad is getting her a fliker scooter, she has a tablet.

Any suggestions? I have got a nintendo 2ds XL for dd1s main present, do you think 4yr old would get use out of a DS as well? No idea!

My 4 year old would play with a DS! She could also link it up with her sisters for some games and they could kind of share that?

Hmmm. I was about to say my list so far for DD is

Samsung tablet plus case
New scooter
Kiddizoom camera or watch
Walkie talkies (not really a main present but the one thing she has asked for)
Acoustic guitar
Drum kit (only possible as with a baby on the way i am not sure how smart that is)
New playdoh set
Kinetic sand
Leappad leapstart learning system

I dont know what a DS is (are they like game boys?) If so i think that would be good too.

My 4 year old is a boy so probably different tastes but he has asked a zoomer Dino thingy this year, it's about £50 so will be his main present

Hmm I don't think my five year old would be any good with a DS but if her sister is getting one it's something they can play with together (and could prevent arguements). We are doing bikes this year, last year was a playmobil pre school, year before a wooden kitchen (think your girls have had that though?)

Hmm I don't think my five year old would be any good with a DS but if her sister is getting one it's something they can play with together (and could prevent arguements). We are doing bikes this year, last year was a playmobil pre school, year before a wooden kitchen (think your girls have had that though?)

Yeah, the youngest two got a kitchen as a joint present last year (they don't play with it, apart from cleaning it, ie. spraying it with water and wiping it lol) I don't really think she would get how to use a DS either which is what puts me off, maybe next year! They have loads of playmobil, and I've got a couple of smaller sets put by already, and my mum has the childrens hospital for dd3s birthday. I will probably buy them playmobil every year until they outgrow it. We love it in this house.
I'm not even necessarily looking for a large present. Also thought about a little quad bike but she's probably a bit big for the toddler ones you get, and definitely too small for a bigger one.

Hopefully she asks for something special that isn't too hard to get!

Is there anything she is interested in or enjoys.
It doesnt have to be big (although im having trouble with that myself)

My kids seem to want every advert they see but i know half of it wont even be looked at after a few hours.

I haven't got a main present in mind for Rio this year either. I've got him the playmobil hospital and he's asked for the city police station too so I'll get that and some bits to go with them (even though we have enough playmobil to open a shop!)
I think they might just be his 'main' presents, he isn't going to have one big thing this year I don't think as there's nothing big he wants or needs.
I'm going to get him a selection of board games as he's into them at the moment and wants us to play with him a lot. So far on my list Jenga, guess who, kerplunk, gooey Louie (he's asked for this one) and maybe operation but I don't know if that'll be too hard this year.
I'm so stuck for him this year usually I've got loads in mind. I want to buy less this year though tbh so I guess it's a good thing!

Alice is getting a new pram and doll and beauty and the beast stuff.
Plus a til and shop stuff
Ive nearly done Alice ive found her my easiest this year
She has a ds already and manages fine plus goes on her older siblings x box and plays Minecraft.

Other suggestions

Dolls house
Dressing table and accessories
Kitchen
Shop and till and accessories
Teepee tent

I haven't got a main present in mind for Rio this year either. I've got him the playmobil hospital and he's asked for the city police station too so I'll get that and some bits to go with them (even though we have enough playmobil to open a shop!)
I think they might just be his 'main' presents, he isn't going to have one big thing this year I don't think as there's nothing big he wants or needs.
I'm going to get him a selection of board games as he's into them at the moment and wants us to play with him a lot. So far on my list Jenga, guess who, kerplunk, gooey Louie (he's asked for this one) and maybe operation but I don't know if that'll be too hard this year.
I'm so stuck for him this year usually I've got loads in mind. I want to buy less this year though tbh so I guess it's a good thing!

My two love pop up pirate.

I looked around a toy shop today and there isn't anything they haven't got or already had. It's going to be soooo hard when people ask what to buy. My lists are not as long this year.

I'm struggling for both of mine this year as there is nothing either of them need and both have all the things you'd buy as a main present. So far dd has got
Hug time poppy
Playmobil princess castle
Lego friends hospital
Shopkins and some of the shoppies dolls

I don't do a main present but one thing I'm getting for dd is a karaoke machine. DD loves music and loves singing. I don't think my dd, who will be 4 and a half at Christmas, would know how to use a DS; although, if she had an older sister with one, she might pick up quickly. I know dd loves to "play" the video games at the dentists office. She doesn't know how to do them but will sit and move the controller and pretend.

I got for my daughter who is 6 but would still have loved at 4 the enchantimal panda playhouse which was only £24. If she likes dolls it looks good and the dolls are really cute

My 2 also love playmags which are magnetics tiles which can build with. Both 3 year old and 6 year old love

Ollie is really into ghostbusters right now for some insane reason so we're getting him the playmobil sets as his main gift. He already has a bike and a tablet plus he had a number of grandparents who will undoubtedly spoil him!

We're getting Sophie an activity table and usual baby toys. She's easy haha.

I forgot about this but last year my mum brought my ds1 a leapfrog games console it’s basically a more childish version of the wii. It wasn’t very expensive but at the moment my nearly 4 year old loves playing on it. Some of the games are interactive so they see themselves on tv which they love

DD hasnt got a 'main' present this year as such however, top of her list was sylvanians so shes had a sylvanians bunnies set, house set and car set.
a few other things shes got are:
- large box of lego
- wooden sets for her kitchen, breakfast set, wooden mixer etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->