mainstream or speical needs ??

mummaof3

Reaction score
hi mckenzie will be starting nursery next september but i have concerns his doctor says he can go to a mainstream nursery and have the help sent into the school this isnt what i want there is a lovely special needs school with a nursery not far from where i live which i would love for him to go i also know they will look after him there i have never trusted any one to look after him not even my mum or any of the family i dont think i am being fussy i just want wats right for him

My son is currently in mainstream. His statement does not cover enough hours to be SN atm. We are fighting that right now.

He is getting on ok and in his 4th year of school. I have just had to fight for everything but it is do-able xx

It may simply be a shortage of places - there could simply be more children that are more in need of that level of attention than Mackenzie. I had wondered about Andrew attending our nearby SN nursery, until we went there for a development team meeting - and I realised how much more disabled the children there are compared to our little boy. It made me realise how fortunate we are that Andrew will probably be able to attend mainstream but with support.

But it could also be that he's not being considered for other reasons, like nobody's actually thought about it ...

Do you have somebody that could help/answer that? Andrew is seen regularly by a Pre-Schools Special Needs Advisor, and she is going to act as our liaison with nursery (next September too) in order that he gets the support he needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->