Major set back with my home water birth :-( help!

Donch03

2 boys 6 & 8 TTC #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies I am booked for a home birth and had planned to use a birth pool for pain relieve and to deliver in. However, my water heating system won't fill my pool even a fraction in depth and takes hours and hours to reach a temperature suitable even for normal bathing. I filled the pool halfway with tepid water and have tried to get the temp up with kettles and pans of boiling water and am getting no where :-(

I'm now so so worried I won't have use of it and this frightens me to the point I may give up my home birth and go hospwhere I will have use of their pool!

Does anyone have any glimmer of hope or a suggestion to heat this darn pool??

HELP!! Xx

You can get portable immersion heaters or pool heaters that you can use to heat the water - remember you only need to pool to be body temp not hot.

If you dont want to buy a pool heater speak to a local tool hire or hot tub/pool place they may have something you can rent.

As already said look into buying/hiring a pool heater or even a heated pool. Xx

Thanks ladies my mum has come to the rescue and is buying a pool heater...fingers crossed this works! X

I'm sure it will, and at least you won't have to worry about topping up warm water etc! X

You can also retain heat by having the pool on a rug (lots of heat is lost out of the bottom) and by having a cover on top of the pool.

We used pots and kettles to bring the temp up quite quickly.

i have a 30 gallon water heater and 100 gallon pool oops lol but i have turned the water heater all the way up have u tried that? then i will help by boiling large pots of water hope it works

I was in the same situation as you hun, my Mum and Hubby were running around with pots and pans and kettles for 3 hours on my last birth. Infact at the point of pushing I was one end and my poor Mum was the other tipping kettles of water in!!! This time luckily I have moved and the heating system is brill, let me know how you get on with the heater although I have an inflatable pool and have been told you can't use the heaters in them??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->