Major Sleeping Problems

momma2be2011

Reaction score
Hello Ladies! I'm 18 +2 wks and I have been having the worse time trying to sleep for the past month. I can't seem to sleep for more then 3 hours at a time, and it's not very good sleep. Is anyone else having this problem? How have you been dealing with it? I sleep with a body pillow tucked between my knees and under my belly and also a pillow at my back (for some reason my body insists that I sleep on my back even though I NEVER used to). Hoping for some good advice for myself and others who are having the same problem! :sleep:

I'm in exactly the same boat, im 17 weeks and DYING to get to sleep (i'm even yawning as i type) but i can't get to rest at all. :( I've tried winding down, listening to calm music, drinking hot milk, everything but nothing works. and then i sleep in daytime which is absolutely ruining my routine as i'm a student too. hope you manage to get some :) x

I go in patterns of sleeping quite well & then having awful sleep, like tonight (it's 2.25am). I think I worry myself that I'm not sleeping, so I get stressed quite quickly when I wake up. I also think that I have very little patience! I think I wake up and then if I'm not back to sleep in 5 mins, I decide that I'm clearly not going back to sleep & start doing things, rather than just trying to relax a bit longer.

I don't really have any useful tips, otherwise I'd be asleep right now, but I guess we should probably just try and relax a bit more and just accept that we aren't going to have the best sleep we've ever had in our lives!

Either that, or we've p****d off the sandman & we aren't getting our quota of sleep dust!

I go in patterns of sleeping quite well & then having awful sleep, like tonight (it's 2.25am). I think I worry myself that I'm not sleeping, so I get stressed quite quickly when I wake up. I also think that I have very little patience! I think I wake up and then if I'm not back to sleep in 5 mins, I decide that I'm clearly not going back to sleep & start doing things, rather than just trying to relax a bit longer.

I don't really have any useful tips, otherwise I'd be asleep right now, but I guess we should probably just try and relax a bit more and just accept that we aren't going to have the best sleep we've ever had in our lives!

Either that, or we've p****d off the sandman & we aren't getting our quota of sleep dust!

I would love to just get 3 hours of RESTFUL sleep. lol. I hope you get some sleep yourself tonight!

Euurrgghhh...i wish i could sleep through!! its 5am here though i have been up since about 3am :( I go to bed absolutely exhausted but a few hours later im wide awake!! :dohh:

Ive come to sit in the front room instead of disturbing the OH which is fine because i dont have work today but gets a bit annoying when i know i have a long shift at work the next day.....:nope:

Ive tried sleeping in all sorts of positions but nothing seems to work..... In the words of Faithless "I CANT GET NO SLEEP"!!!:sleep::sleep::sleep:

Unfortunately, it won't get better for a while. I have not been able to get a goodnight sleep since the end of my first trimester. It has not been getting better either. I guess it is nature's way to get you used to the baby's schedule eventually. I am able to sleep 4 hours a most, before it starts getting uncomfortable again, especially my baby seems to enjoy kicking me while I'm sleeping at night. I use pregnancy body pillow, or some days I just use a lot of pillows, it has been challenging from earlier on to find a good sleeping position too - I used to be a back sleeper.

Don't lose faith, try experiencing different sleeping position, or stack up a lot of pillows behind you perhaps, so you can kind of sleep in a half sitting position. Hope you can find a good position soon and feel a bit better.

im used to having very little sleep due to my hyper 3 yr old lol but now its worse than ever i can get to sleep just fine but i always wake up a couple hours later wide awake cant get comfy eventually need the toilet then my son hears me (he can hear me if i breathe to loud hes such a light sleeper) then were both up wide awake for the rest of the night and im exhausted all the next day i think id have better sleep if i could do it during the day but my kids wont let me lol as soon as my eyes shut my son starts poking me in the eye x

Im exactly the same. Do you find OH supportive?Having like you not slept well for a good few weeks in a row and having a busy full time job Im totally knackered and then Ill ask OH to make tea as am so tired and hell say oh well Im tired too. hellooo???Its getting me really angry!!

Im exactly the same. Do you find OH supportive?Having like you not slept well for a good few weeks in a row and having a busy full time job Im totally knackered and then Ill ask OH to make tea as am so tired and hell say oh well Im tired too. hellooo???Its getting me really angry!!

OH NO! That stinks. My DH is very supportive. I just went to try and sleep again and he came in and propped my pillows up for me, turned on a fan (can't sleep without a fan) and kissed me good night. He came in half an hour later to see if I was sleeping, and since I wasn't, asked if I wanted some hot milk or chamomile tea. I'm very lucky to have him. Tell your DH to get on board! :winkwink:

Unfortunately, it won't get better for a while. I have not been able to get a goodnight sleep since the end of my first trimester. It has not been getting better either. I guess it is nature's way to get you used to the baby's schedule eventually. I am able to sleep 4 hours a most, before it starts getting uncomfortable again, especially my baby seems to enjoy kicking me while I'm sleeping at night. I use pregnancy body pillow, or some days I just use a lot of pillows, it has been challenging from earlier on to find a good sleeping position too - I used to be a back sleeper.

Don't lose faith, try experiencing different sleeping position, or stack up a lot of pillows behind you perhaps, so you can kind of sleep in a half sitting position. Hope you can find a good position soon and feel a bit better.

Well that's no good! lol! Not what I was hoping to hear! :nope: I experimented with pillows earlier and seemed to help keep me comfortable for about an hour. I was hoping the second trimester would be like you read on the internet! The "honeymoon" period. I still have morning sickness, I'm still exhausted, I still can't sleep on top of the regular 2nd trimester symptoms. I think this "honeymoon" period is just a conspiracy!!! lol

im used to having very little sleep due to my hyper 3 yr old lol but now its worse than ever i can get to sleep just fine but i always wake up a couple hours later wide awake cant get comfy eventually need the toilet then my son hears me (he can hear me if i breathe to loud hes such a light sleeper) then were both up wide awake for the rest of the night and im exhausted all the next day i think id have better sleep if i could do it during the day but my kids wont let me lol as soon as my eyes shut my son starts poking me in the eye x

Well I hope you get some sleep soon!

Im kala I cant sleep at all too Im 14 weeks pregnant now. I sleep 10:00 from 3:35 I don't know what to do HELP ME PLZ:sleep::sleep::nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->