Make up counters

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
Who's been to one? As in a MAC counter or Bobbi Brown etc? I want to go to some this week but I thought you had to 'book' :shrug: or do you just turn up??

Like the ones in debenhams? I think you can just turn up and see if there busy.

Yeah Debenhams etc.

I've had a nosey on the MAC website and they do a range of 'if availability allows it' things and also some Pre-book able things too...but can't see anything on either MAC or Debenhams about HOW to book. Lol

I've been to a Chanel one and had to book as the makeup artist wasn't in every day. I'd go and ask them because it probably depends on the brand and the store as much as anything :)

That's what I was thinking. I can't just pop in and book though. It's miles away from me and time to myself is a rarity :lol:
I think I'll just wing it. If no-one is available then I'll just have an afternoon to myself. Lol

Who's been to one? As in a MAC counter or Bobbi Brown etc? I want to go to some this week but I thought you had to 'book' :shrug: or do you just turn up??

I popped to one last week, you just turn up and ask for them to show you certain things etc and they do...
I went to a MaxFactor one as I use their foundation... I left looking like a tart about to go and pull at a seedy club.... I explained I shall be a bride, she gave me smokey eyes and far too much white eyeshadow, bearing in mind I have dark eyes, black hair and real pale skin tone, I looked ridiculous!!
So, I then booked a make up lady to come to my home for a consultation, cost £20 mind... I loved the foundation tips and the highlighters etc but eyes were under done and eyeliner didn't last well, she also did my lips amazingly!

I am now resorting to doing my own, been practicing all week but it shall be pretty basic, I'm useless with make up when it goes past foundation, eyeliner, mascara and a bit of natural color lippy!

I had my makeup done at MAC for my cousin's wedding (I was a bridesmaid). The makeup lasted and didn't run or get too shiny. The only thing I'd say is make sure you specify whether you want bold or neutral makeup. I think they tend to do bold makeup and if you don't watch out, you might be a little more vibrant than you wanted. lol

It happened to both my sister and I. So if we do MAC this time for our weddings (we're both getting married soon), we'll specify neutral colors.

The BEST makeup I've had done was airbrush. But that was not at MAC, it was a makeup artist who came to us at my friend's wedding. That was by far the best I've had, and it was just beautiful and flawless!

I went to Bobbi Brown...and spent over £200!!!! :wacko: It would have been cheaper to hire a MUA. But I wouldn't have all these lovely new brushes if I did that :lol:

You have just reminded me why im getting some one in to do it lol

Luckily my friend is getting really into doing her make up properly and is buying like professional palettes and make up brushes and she is doing my make up for the wedding, so it's her who is spending the fortune and I get it for free haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->