• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Make-up Question

Leafy

Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you tell if you have pink or yellow undertones? I cant decide I feel like it could be both lol :S

:flower:

It's something to do with whether your veins are blue or green i think. But i'm not sure! :D

It's possible to have a neutral tone too! Here's a couple of things I've heard, not sure which are true. Whether gold or silver jewellery suits your skintone better - it it's gold you're warm/yellow toned, if it's silver you're cool/pink toned. Hold up something navy blue next to your face - if you are yellow-toned, you'll really be able to see the yellow. Hold up a green (true green) and if you are pink, it should really pop the pink.
Honestly I would just go to a makeup counter and ask though. They should be able to tell. Don't go to bobbi brown though because she thinks everyone has yellow tones :roll:

Pink undertones are generally cool and yellow generally warm.

Pink undertone tends to go well with: blue, grey, silver, purple, and pinks with a blue base (cool colours)

Yellow undertone tends to go well with: orange, yellow, green, brown, warm reds, orange based pinks, and gold (warm colours)

That is not the extensive list of colours btw lol just the most popular ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->