Make Up

Kellz

Pregnant Again
Reaction score
I've never really used make up but I think I want to give it a go.

What make up essentials can't you live with out?
What tones/colours do you choose for natural/daywear? :blush:

I hardly ever wear makeup but when I do, black eyeliner is my must have! It makes your eyes just pop! Good luck!

Go to the Body Shop and ask their advice I find them really helpful (I'm hopeless with make-up), plus they don't test on animals.

I agree with Marley.

Our local body shop does a free make over where they will try a few products on & advie what colours suit you.

I did this and found it really helpful.

I can't live without eyeliner and mascara. Choose your best feature and make that stand out. I think for most people it is the eyes - if I don't have time to do a full make up, I will always use these 2. I also like anything to give me a little colour (bronzer powder or foundation, but only a touch).

I like colours that go well with my eye colour (hazel) so golds or greens tend to suit me better than garish colours. If I do a dark, dressy make up I always go for something light on my lips and vice versa.

I love make up if you can't tell already lol, but I agree the shops do some great make overs.. just make sure they're not pushing all the products on you for a good sale.

My make up bag has:
Concealer
Foundation
Bronzer
Eyeliner
Mascara
Eyeshadow
Lip gloss

My must-have is foundation, especially now as my skin has really broken out. I use a liquid then powder over the top, both from body shop as I love their foundations.

I use Maybelline makeup. I don't leave the house without my eye makeup on! brown/creamy eyeshadows, black mascara and black eyeliner. I use there powder too which stays on for 12 hours i think... and a touch of blusher. Don't really like lipstick, tend to just wear clear gloss if i'm going out.

Its best to invest in some decent makeup. I find using cheap makeup it wears off half way through the day.

I use foundation almost every day but you need to be really carefull when choosing the colour to make sure it's right for you so you don't end up looking either like a ghost or like an orange! I use a tiny bit of bronzer instead of blusher too, mascara and lip gloss or lip balm for every day. Sometimes I use eye liner too.

I love natural makeup!

When I was getting married I wanted to do my own makeup, I found an EXCELLENT guide on Youtube. I swear by it now, and still apply the rules to my everyday makeup. If you go to youtube and type in 'Makeup Gourmet' you will come across a great series of tips.

Personally I can't live without Eyeliner, Green concealer (for under the eyes!) Foundation, blush, highligher blush and my brushes! oh I'm also guilty of using fake tan sometimes too :blush:

Thanks girls, I think I feel a trip to the body shop coming on.

I simply cannot live with out Maxfactor foundation... I seem to find all other foundations oily or dry and end up with various patches... Eyeliner and Mascara are a must for me also. Not too fussed about eye shadow althugh I do have plenty, some times i just like to create a natural look so when I go out I feel dressed up... If im looking slightly pale I do wear a bronzer

Thanks girls, I think I feel a trip to the body shop coming on.

:rofl::rofl:

Yes, me too. So many of you really like their makeup so it looks like I may have to try it out :)

Oh, I love the smell of that store!!!!

One thing I have come across just recently (as of the last hour, lol) is mineral makeup. I have just done my foundation using a selection of the colours and i get the same coverage as liquid with powder over the top. The only problem is that many of these come with many colours and you mix and match to suit your skin, but to be honest, it's quite easy and fun.

Hi!

I don't wear alot of make-up , but I find just a bit to enhance a natural look makes me feel good any day. However, I don't want it too be so obvious that people get shocked when I don't wear any! ;)

So here's what I like most:

Almay Smart Shade make-up (light, SPF 15, starts white and adapts to your skin tone. I love that it's a bit like a tinted moisturizer.)

Almay Smart Shade blush (a creamy texture in a few colors, I use pink, for a very natural blush...not powdery so it doesn't age anyone! It also starts pale to adapt itself.)

L'oreal Glam-Shine in Diva (700) colored gloss since it matches with mostly everything.

L'oreal Voluminous brown-black mascara

A concealer that is applied to the undercirlces and on top lid (lightly) as it helps eyeshadow last all day.

A "combo" of eyeshadow: black, dark grey, silvery-grey and white. I use the light grey all over, dark grey in the crease and down towards the outer corner of the lid, black instead of eye-liner and white under the eyebrow and at the inner corner to illuminate the eyes.

I also LOVE an eyelash curler since it really opens up the eyes! Great to fight that tired-mommy-look. ;)

It may seem like a lot of make-up, but it only takes about 10 minutes to do it all. Trust me, I don't have time for anything more elaborate. :)

(p.s. I get all of it at Wal-Mart...)

cant live without:
FAKE TAN
CONCEALER
EYELINER
MASCARA
BRONZER

Ohh I hate going anywhere with no make up on!
Think I inherited it of my mum,
Because she cant either :L

Foundation, bronzer, blusher, eyeliner, mascara, lipgloss, oooh!

What makeup I wear depends on my mood and how much effort I put it. If I put in the max effort I need to have the following:

-concealer
-foundation
-powder (otherwise the foundation slides around or i sweat it off)
-black eyeliner
-liquid eyeliner (i only need this because i have fake eyebrows and this is what i draw them on with)
-mascara
-sometimes eyeshadow but not often
-chapstick (cause my lips weren't made for lipstick)

I wish I would have the patience to grow back my eyebrows but the fake ones look so much better. It would take at least 5 minutes off the time it takes to put it all on :rofl:

Hey SimonsMum, do the Almay Smart Shade products really work like they advertise? I was curious about those but didn't want to spend the money if I wouldn't end up liking it.

Gosh, I went through a stage recently where my eyeliner and mascara would make a mark under my eyes. It drove me crazy as I've never had this so much, especially when wearing liquid eyeliner too.

Seems that my eye concealer was too oily and have not tried Revlon Colorstay concealer and it works a charm.

Just a tip for those who had the same problem.

Horrorheart,

I really like the Almay Smartshade products. I find they look really natural. I think it gives me a more polished look but isn't too obvious. Plus, you can blend it in so well that you don't end up with a foundation mask! ;) Also, the blush isn't powdery so it gives a healthy glow, not an odd pinkish cheek. And you don't need brushes because they're to be applied with your fingers. You squeeze the product out so no contamination either. I just love them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->