Make up

Cat

Reaction score
I really fancy going to see a professional make up artist to have them do my make up and show me what products I should/should not be using. And what to use where on my face shape etc. I feel like replacing all my make up and starting again.

Can anyone recomend where to go to do this? All Ihave found so far is Colour me Beautifull but they use their own products which all look a bit pikey to me! or Going into somewhere like boots or house of fraser to a make up counter, but Idont know how qualified these people are to really show me properly etc, plus Iwant help with shaping my eyebrows properly. Where do I go? You know like you see on things like 10 years younger where they have a make up artist properly go through everything with them.

go to ur local boots store they do it!!! boots staff r proffesional make up artist and most of they do it out side of work!!!

Iwantone!!! said:
go to ur local boots store they do it!!! boots staff r proffesional make up artist and most of they do it out side of work!!!

See I did that once before on a benefit stand in boots and I didnt really feel they did much, and didnt really advise me, just let me choose what colours etc I liked. I want someone to show me techniques and what colours would work for me.

aaaawww thats no good the other one is is to have an Avon party make up is done on the person who is teh host its well good !!!

Benefit - I did same ven bought 2 products & I was really disappointed - 3 years later I still have what I bought!! :shock:

Wobbles said:
Benefit - I did same ven bought 2 products & I was really disappointed - 3 years later I still have what I bought!! :shock:
\

dont say that laura loves the stuff !!!!

Dont get me wrong I love their stuff, just wanted a bit more of a 'consultation' plus I find benefit are the only people that make a foundation pale enough for me, but tis bloody expensive, looks to thick on and lasts about a month before I have to get more.

As someone who used to work for Body Shop I'd recommend them.

The stores tend to be quieter. Boots is so busy if you manage to grap a member of staff the world and his wife gawps at you. Department stores are quieter but I don't feel the make-up 'look' the girls wear is easy to achieve or realistic for every day.

Saying that, I'm going to MAC for my bridal makeover in a week or two, I'll let you know how it goes :D

debenhams do it, i had one done at the dior stand an i will never look back i use all dior products an they are great!
x

I agree with Minxy

Bodyshop is deff the way to go, their products are great

I think what Iwill do is go to a whole load of them, just take baby wipes with me and wipe it off in between each one. So Try the Body shop, Boots, House of Frazer and Jarolds. Take a pic of each one, and compare look, prices and service given then go back and stock up from the one I liked most. Will have to wait till bub is born I think cause my skin is like crap at the mo, with load of spots when I dont normally have any. It can be one of my pampering fun things to do once he is born.

I like Urban Decay and Dior :D

Yves St Laurent .... Expensive but god there good and there stuff lasts AGES!

FANTASTIC range of products and the points you get from buying helps replacement buying a few months later!

There colour range is great and my make up looks as great from when i put it on to when i take it off at night! FAB!

And my eyebrows ....
I use veet wax strips and cut the shapes myself works a treat! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->