Making a review site, suggestions please.

A

anothersquish

Im just about to set up a little site to review the nappies I have in my collection. Thought it was something worth doing as it may well help people like me who started off unsure of where to start/what to buy etc.
Looking at doing the nappies themselves, wraps and various makes of disposable liners, plus any other bits and pieces I end up using.
For those that have used nappies for a while if you were looking at a review for a nappy you hadnt tried is there anything specifically you would definitely want included in the review, any particular setout?
Would it be helpful to know how many prewashes/washes were done on each style of nappy before they reached full absorbency? Would it be useful to see photos of the nappies on a baby at various ages to show how bulky they were and also photos of the nappies new and at various "ages" old having been used?
Obviously it is going to take a long time to build the site as baby who will be doing the testing is stubbornly still cooking but I want to get the backbone in starting now, ie listing what I have, taking photos of it and putting up manufacturers descriptions and reccomendations and my first thoughts.

I know Im a nappyholic and wont be able to resist buying dozens more nappies as time goes by and I already have maybe a dozen makes/styles of nappy plus 5/6 different wraps and several different makes of disposable liner so plenty to get started with!

Oh, would a brief description of each type of nappy (two part/pocket/AIO) be useful? I know they have this on a lot of the big nappy sites but wouldnt want people to get confused when I start describing inserts, soakers, boosters, pockets, AIO etc because they dont know what they are!

My thoughts are:

Pics with baby weight rather than only age... I know I've bought bumgenius, but am a bit worried they will be big when bubs is newborn- just gives a good gauge for sizes.

If you talk to wholesalers/producers direct they might donate some "experimental" nappies for you to review, and support your site in exchange for the exposure of their product.

I think a spreadsheet layout is easiest format to follow... and maybe a summary comments of your overall opinion.

Great idea!!! Good luck with it.

Sounds great!

My only real thought would be that I'd rather see reviews from at least a few different people with different babies as what suits one baby won't necessarily work for another, so if one person says it's rubbish that doesn't mean much iykwim?

As mumnbean said, it would be good to see a kind of table or something listing all the nappies with ticks next to things like what material it's made of, if the manufacturer recommends it for over night, funky patterns available, sized/BTP, pocket/AIO etc and also something about average price maybe. That would be a really useful way to compare nappies especially as you would be unbiased!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->