Making at Home vs Buying

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Just wondering what you ladies do for your child- do you buy baby food or do you make it at home? Or maybe a bit of both.

I try to make it at home, but I like Savannah to have some versatility in fruits so i'll buy some tinned fruits in natural juice to mush up. We normally use our left over veges and mix them up for her; add in some breastmilk if they are too dry.

i make all mine at home on sunday i have a major cook up. but its getting easier as jack is eating more of our food now. x

I make tylers food homemade as its alot cheaper and i actually enjoy making his food but i do have a few jars in the cupboard incase we go out and i need to feed him xx

i make all mine at home on sunday i have a major cook up. but its getting easier as jack is eating more of our food now. x

Thats a really good idea, do you freeze it? What stuff do you make?

yeah i freeze it.

I make things like roast chicken and veggies and fish and veggies. Macoroni cheese, caluiflour cheese.

during the week if im making spagetti i make a baby version for him and the sma e with lentils i make him lentil soup. i keep things easy but bascially make baby versions of what we eat! x

I bought in :blush: it ended up only being one meal a day (dinner) and the rest of the day were finger foods unless it was cereal or yoggys.

Caitlin doesn't like my cooking :rofl:

:rofl: remind me of that if you offer to cook me dinner Wobbles

We do a bit of both really ... to start off with it was mostly jars but now we are doing more and more home stuff so hopefullly in a few months time majority will be home stuff

I bought in :blush: it ended up only being one meal a day (dinner) and the rest of the day were finger foods unless it was cereal or yoggys.

:rofl:
never going to dinner at your house then!

I make alot myself... and then some things I buy...

I tried cooking for her but I cannot cook to save my life!

I buy now but would love to learn to cook some things for her properly

I'm with wobbles. Chloe is a bought food baby. I made a load and she refuses it, at 10 months she had her first mummy cookes meal today but only after I smothered it in baby cheese sauce!

I dont really cook for myself and jars are easier. She only has one meal a day- minus her cereal in the morning

Iv always made Jack's food homemade.
Just make it fresh everynight which im making our dinner. No effort needed as im making dinner for myself and OH anyway...

I find when i puree something up, say chicken, pots and carrot. its never the same colour as what a jar of the 'same ingredients' of baby food would be when i look in the supermarket? :dohh:
I like it because i knon what hes eating and its probebly cheaper aswell

we do both! mainly homemade, i make up her dinners and freeze them once or twice a week, and she has them, when we go out we sometimes take jars or our home food, and sometimes at home i might use a jar as well x x

Bit of both now, have began cooking more now hes eating more and its easy to make him baby versions lol.

I do both, but a lot of it is bought. I can't be bothered to blend everything up. :rofl: Once she is done with purees then I will be making everything. I have carrots, pears & apples, squash, mango, sweet potato, sole/broccoli/sweet potato in the freezer that I have made. Other times I just mash up an egg yolk, cottage cheese or an avocado for her. The rest is jars. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->