making baby food

ellaBella

Reaction score
ive been using jars up to now but my LO needs his food to be thicker.

i tried him with stage 2 jars but was too lumpy for him.

i cant find any jars that are thicker so the only thing to do is to make my own food but i dont have much money to do so and we dont eat very much veg,its mostly junk food.

is there any jars that you know of that are really thick or is there a way of making my own food on the cheap?

I'm not sure what you mean by food....as in full meals blended or just fruit and veg purees.

I've only just started weaning Lewis but I buy fresh fruit & veggies. Once a month I spend a whole day boiling, blending and freezing. You don't always have to use fresh veg to make purees, in some cases frozen can be just as good and even easier to do.

I haven't tried meals yet but when I do it'll be things like pasta & sauce, spag bol, sheperds pie, lasagne, stews. Then I can make extra, blend it all and freeze baby sized portions for when I need them.....just don't add salt to any food you cook for your little one.

Good luck x

making vege purees is cheaper than buying jars i'm sure.
boil up or steam a load of carrots, parsnips etc and there you go. Much better for baby (and you!) :))

It is much cheaper in the long run to make your own... blend it up, and then freeze it in portions :D
Also, if your in th UK, and on a low income, you can claim healthy start vouchers for fruit and veg :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->