Making Friends as a couple with kid(s)

queenlavera

Mommy to a miracle
Reaction score
Does anyone else find it harder to make friends in person when you are in a committed relationship or married and have kid(s). It seems like it was soo much easier to make friends before I got married. :shrug:

I found it the same when me and OH got in to a serious relationship.. But after having my LO I've actually found it easier to get talking to people. It's like I've always got something to talk about - LO :haha: And if there's any awkward silences, I can just turn to LO and play toys/sing to him if he's there, if that makes sense! A lot of my old friends don't bother with me any more, as I don't go out drinking every weekend, but I've made friends with more mature people, who also have children. Saying that, I do feel rather lonely being a SAHM, I can't just get in the car/on the bus and meet up with people, every little thing has to be planned around LO, and I'm still finding that so difficult a year on :dohh: Do you go to any mother and baby clubs hun? xx :hugs: xx

Yes & No! :haha: I found it quite easy to make lots of friends when LO was born as there were loads of groups to go to. But now he's 2 and a half alot of those people are now on their second child so I don't see them as much anymore as they tend to stick to other 2 children families! It's much harder to find new friends with toddlers. You see people at play groups but it just seems harder to meet up with people afterwards or outside the group!

On the other hand, I hardly saw many of my single/non child friends when Tom was born as I'd finished working with them and they were off doing nnon baby related stuff. But now Tom is a bit older I find I have a lot more freedom to see them now x

Before LO was born me and OH had a lot of mutual friends so we did see other people besides each other but we have found that, esp since having Tom, we can only really rely on each other to be there for us and for support x

I've always made easily and i still do even when i got married and had LO? maybe its cos i always talk to random strangers :haha:

On a serious note though being a SAHM is also lonely for me so i go to baby groups and now i've acquired my mummy friends off Netmums and off here too which helps alot. DH hasnt met any of my mummy friends yet and im hoping that one day he will.

But as lepaskilf said some of my non-mummy friends drifted away when LO was born and now i rarely chat to them x

NO........not at all...........me and my hubby have loads of mutual friends who have children, who were our friends before or we have met through his work or my work xxx

The Mommy groups are some good suggestions, I just joined a couple on meet-up. Hopefully I will make some good friends from them.

I have made some friends but my OH has made none! He's not interested in hanging about with other parents and their kids. I wish he would because Tom would get to play more when he's with him!

I find it is easier to make friends now, except when I start talking about how much milk I could make or the colour of LOs poop this morning... :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->