Making items for your baby

snowy-willow

Mummy to Ella
Reaction score
Is/has anyone else made anything for their baby?

I am wanting to make some taggie blankets and burp cloths.

I would love to make some swaddle pods but am not sure if my skills are up to that just yet!

I am very slowly knitting a blanket for Toby.
At this pace, it should be a lovely graduation/off-to-college gift. :dohh: :)

I've knitted one pair of bootees and a hat, have started a blanket but I got bored too quickly :blush:

Started making stuff for the nursery now, I've knitted some bunting and a knitted ring which will be hung on the wall with an owl inside it :haha:

I still have lots of things to make, some more bunting, some birds made out of material for a twig mobile and various other smaller bits.

Slightly OT, but I just made a sailor outfit for my furbaby LOL

How do you make a swaddle pod?

I made a taggy for my LO:

https://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/eloiselara/Miscellaneous/DSCF1776.jpg

And also a pram blanket:

https://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss109/eloiselara/Miscellaneous/DSCF1428.jpg

And a few other things too. I'm in the middle of making her some soft play blocks, which have the letters of her name stitched onto, and I hope that I can encourage her to learn to spell her name when she's young. On the opposite side of the letters, I might also stitch numbers, so she can learn to count to 5 :shrug:

How did you make that taggy? It's adorable!!

Well tonight I was half way through a taggy blanket and my sewing machine decided to stop working (needle just won't budge and bobbin won't come out) - my hormones then went into overdrive so have packed it all away

How did you make that taggy? It's adorable!!
Found the fabric squares on Ebay, stitched them together into a patchwork, then used that to sew to the backing fabric (place them facing inwards, so that the wrong side of the fabric is showing to you. Before sewing the pieces together, fold and pin the ribbons where you want them along the edges, and when you sew the edges of the blanket the ribbons will be sewn too.

Well tonight I was half way through a taggy blanket and my sewing machine decided to stop working (needle just won't budge and bobbin won't come out) - my hormones then went into overdrive so have packed it all away
I had to do all mine by hand. It's longer, but you can watch TV at the same time :shrug:

Awww love the blankets :)
I have gotten into the sewing this weekend. My mum was up and i borrowed my mates sewing machine :)

My mum bought me my very own sewing machine so i am super happy now :)
i am making burp clothes :) And going to give a nursing cover a try this weekend...

anyone got some good patterns to try out?

I have such a wonderful mummies. So far she has made a change bag which I love, some bibs and burp cloths and is knitting some little cardies.

She has also had me looking on websites at clothes patterns and telling her which ones we like.

My little Bean is going to be so spoilt by grandma

Aw snowy your post really bought a smile to my face, how excited you are!

What material are you all using for burpclothes???

After surfing ebay last night and seeing the ridicolous prices some ppl want for swaddling blankets and breastfeeding aprons, I decided to get my sewing machine out and make it myself. I still got some amazing fabric here so I'm gonna start with it tonight. Whoohoo...so exciting. I love making stuff!!!

I haven't made any burp cloths, but the usual muslins are made from 100% cotton; I assume that's the most sensible material to use :shrug:

ooh im making a patchwork quilt for bubs - but im always looking for ideas !!!

I'm looking for more inspiration; I want to make something, but I don't know what :wacko:

im knitting blankets for when i have a LO, id love to knit clothes, hats and booties but is it hard? x

LOL, I thought knitting blankets was hard :haha: My MIL knits clothes though, and I've seen her patterns and they all seem pretty straightforward (if I remembered how to cast on and off!). Perhaps try doing one now and seeing how you get on?

i think i will try now, im already half way through a blanket :haha: x

I'm knitting a baby blanket at the moment, I think it might take me forever though lol. I took 2 years to finish Joseph's cross stitch! I would love to make my son a patchwork quilt once this is finished.

That taggie is lovely! x

i made a baby blanket for caleb with his old t-shirts and just backed it with fleece and also a taggie xx

Attachments

• 09022011160.jpg
    09022011160.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 8
  • tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads