Making items for your baby

Aw I like those memory blankets Faye but can't face cutting up Ethan's clothes.

I've made quite a bit of stuff for Ethan, a cuddly toy, a a frog, mainly bandana bibs. Will have to get some photos up!

I'm planning a few projects for the summer when I'm not at work. I want to make Ethan a fabric book of his name and I have some great camo fabric which I plan to make a large wetbag from. He's getting to the point now where I don't need to take the whole changing bag when we pop out and I'd like a bag to pop a couple nappies in, wipes and a few nappy sacks into. Not sure whether to just line it with co-ordinating fabric or whether to interline it with waterproof stuff that you use for real nappies! Also, want to resist the urge to just make a drawstring bag and actually learn how to put a zip in!

The tops were primark ones so wasnt to fussed but might start making some more for gifts.
I made a zip up bag its not that bad. I bought a cheap shower curtain and lined it with that.
My latest project is trying to make a new cover for my buggy. I dont know if i can figure it out but i will have a go.
My friend has just asked me for a taggy, heres a pic xx just need ribbon attaching x

Attachments

• 15022011167.jpg
    15022011167.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
I'm going to make my lo a taggie. Got some lovely star fabric to use.

I adore making things!! Absolutely love it! Me and my sister in law decided we'd make some things to sell so we could make more for ours babies =]

https://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/156691_462771093567_550988567_5692931_6759222_n.jpg

We made matching Taggies, Coat Hangers and decorated a babygrow and pair of socks all to match and sold them as a gift set! It looked gorgeous, but I don't have pictures of them =[

I'm currently knitting a blanket and I've made a hat, booties and mittens to match it!
I just love putting the effort in =D
I've always been a crafty person and have made people clothes before as well!
This is a costume I made last year: Fairy Costume
and one for a friend: I made the pink burlesque dress

It's such a passion and will never stop ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back