making own baby food?

vejables

Reaction score
anyone done this? do you need recipes? or just mush up the food? lol.

I do it. I have Annabel Karmel books and I use them sometimes or I just puree loads of different things. To some I'll add a bit of babymilk/water to make them more watery, or add baby rice to some to make them thicker/more creamy. I usually puree a few different veg/fruit at the same time, keep some as they are, and mix some of them up for different flavours. x

Abit of both!! I follow a few recipes from baby weaning books but most of the time i just cook veggies and pop them in a blender with some boiled water. I cook up allsorts then just pop them in ice cube trays and freeze them. I've done brocolli and potato, carrot and cauliflower, apple and banana, sweet potato and swede. And Oli loves them all. You cant really go wrong as long as you know what they can eat at what age. x

I didn't wean my little girl until 6 months but I just gave her blended family food most of the time and if we were eatiing something she couldn't (like junk) I'd just mush some veggies and cheese. Actually the small bags of frozen veg that you steam came in real handy!

I would say there is quite a bit of pressure to make these perfect little mini meals but the sooner you can get your little one eating family (providing you all eat healthily) the better and the easier for you in the long run!

-- I'll add to this.. Just remember not to add any salt or sugar to anything you cook if you're going to blend family meals.

ooo the ice cube tray thing is a great idea!!!! where did u learn that from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->