Making threads private?

candeur

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was any way of making a thread private to members only? Or locking it at least! I was pretty daft and when writing my birth story I put in my babys full name and the surname is pretty rare, so lo and behold when typing in her name into google my birth story is the first hit. It wouldn't be so bad but I was up my MIL's house the other day, and my partners stepdad started reading out my birth story aloud without realising what it was (on a rather charming part about the number of internals I was recieving!).
Any help will be appreciated, and will save some dignity!

can't be made private but you can edit the last name out? or if you can't figure out how if you give me the link i can edit it for you.

the only other option is it could be removed or put into an area of the forum that is members only but I'm not sure admin would allow a birth story to be put there...

Hmmmmm you should always think twice about annoucing full names BUT maybe you have a point and we could make this section available to members only as theres no reason for it to be available to guests.

Will speak to the OH now about it.

That was quick return - this section has been turned off for guests.

There is no options for making individual threads private on BabyandBump and really not something we'd consider for various reasons. We have private sections and restictions on other areas that protect privacy a little.

x

Just to note google.... may take a while to realise these entries are not there and doesn't take effect immediately.

I have always thought that the birth annoucencement section should maybe be private. Yes, lots of full names. I was not planning on using my full because it was so open.

TY GUYS! :hug:

Hadn't thought of this! Just googled my sons name and there was his birth story!!! So cross with myself for not thjinking of this. I've edited my birth story, but don't know if it's too late.:hissy:

Hadn't thought of this! Just googled my sons name and there was his birth story!!! So cross with myself for not thjinking of this. I've edited my birth story, but don't know if it's too late.:hissy:

Don't worry too much. It shouldn't be long before search engines remove the posts (I've checked and Google has already started removing them).

I've just googled Jasmine and its come up with her birth story, wish i didn't put her full name now, how do u edit it?

I've just googled Jasmine and its come up with her birth story, wish i didn't put her full name now, how do u edit it?

They are now private (members only) - give Google time to remove them all from it's index.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->