making up bottles.

i make enough then put them in the fridge and warm them up i also use the microwave dont see no harm i always shake it then test it so no scalding Riley

I make up my bottles with water then just add the powder to them as he needs the feeds. Alex only has four bottles a day now, so i know pretty much when they need to be ready by, but i still make 4 bottles of water up in advance, i heat the water in the microwave if it needs doing, then add the powder & shake it so there are no hot spots.

If a feed isn't used within an hour it is meant to be thrown away, although i've someyimes left it for another 10 mins or so if he hasn't finished yet, not that is usually a problem as he drains 9oz's pretty quick, now!!

When Hannah was a baby i made her milk up, put them in the fridge & heated them up when needed, & she was always fine, but i find the way i do it now to be easy enough. :)

I put the water into the bottles & add the powder when the feed is needed - then heat up in a jug of boiling water. MW said this was fine. I normally have about 6 bottles on the go, as steriliser only takes 4 bottles at one time, so they are usually used well within 24 hrs, but would say ok to leave for that amount of time if you have enough prepared:thumbup:
I also have the milk dispensers which you can put the correct amount of scoops into beforehand which you store in the bottle until you are ready to add it to the water - handy for when you are out & about or for night time feeds.

I dont boil water, I buy nursery water in gallons. So I use the bottled water and make the bottles before hand, then I heat water in a glass in the microwave for about 2 mins, and place the bottle in it on the counter to heat it up.

With my son i'd steralise the bottles then i'd boil the kettle from cold tap water and put the water in so if i was making 4oz bottles i'd put 4 oz of boiling water from kettle, then add 4 level scoups of formula to his bottles, shake them well and put all of his bottles in a sink of cold water until they have cooled down then put them into the fridge until he needed them.

so if i make up the bottles and put them in fridge and then when baby needs a feed add the formula, is it best to heat the water before i put in the formula?

x x
thanks for all your replys x x

I think the easiest way is to microwave the cuo of water and place the bottle in it to warm, personaly

ive got an electric bottle warmer.

can i add formula to cold(out of fridge) water or does it have to be hot/warm.

sorry if im comfusing.
x x

Either, think it would be easier to heat the water then add formula though x

In the morning I will fill all kyles bottles with 6oz of boiled water from the kettle. I then leave them at room temp. Then when hes due his feed I stick it in the microwave (your told not too do it, but its soo much easier) then add the powder and give it a right good shake.
I find its better to heat the water before adding the powder. Only because the aptimal easy digest food doesnt disolve well in cool water. xx

I use tomee tippee closer to nature bottles and use the powder dispensers from the same range. They are little pots that hold up to 8 scoops of formula and sit in the neck of your bottles so all you need to do is sterilise your bottles, pour in the right amount of boiled water and measure your formula into these dispensers then when LO is ready for a feed you just unscrew the lid, remove the dispenser and empty the powder into the water and shake. Means i can make up a days worth of bottles in advance but know that she is getting a fresh feed everytime. They are great for out and about and night feeds cos it takes 5secs to mix together and then its done. Also Lilia takes her bottles at room temp. as advised by HV and she seems ok with it

In the morning I will fill all kyles bottles with 6oz of boiled water from the kettle. I then leave them at room temp. Then when hes due his feed I stick it in the microwave (your told not too do it, but its soo much easier) then add the powder and give it a right good shake.
I find its better to heat the water before adding the powder. Only because the aptimal easy digest food doesnt disolve well in cool water. xx

oh so if i make up the bottles with boiled water in the morning,can they then just sit out at room temp?
so they dont need to go into thr fridge.
if i keep the boiled water in bottles at room temp,how long have i got to use them?

sorry for all these questions. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->