Male Factor Roll Call

We have male issues too. 1 million count, barely moving. :cry:Hubby takes Vitamines etc. now and we are waiting for a new SA at the end of Jan. Then he will be on the vitamines for two month. Is that too eearly for another Sa?:shrug:

Sperm take 90-100 days to form from start to fully formed. Nothing your hubby takes will change those that have already started to form before starting on the vitamins. So, to see any change, you need to wait for at least 3 months before having another SA.

Good luck to you both
Deb

Just wondering if anyone's dh's have seen Dr Ramsay (urologist) in London? We're thinking about booking a consultation with him about my hubby's azoospermia

Anyone's DH's sperm disappeared due to extremely low FSH levels?
Or anyone know of Ovidrel and Menopur injections for this problem?
I hope there is someone out there with the same issue.
Testosterone is normal.

Deb111 - I know of another forum where people have "a Ramsey pregnancy" meaning saw them and were successful!

Mrs V - No, never heard of it, in my time -meaning nearly a year ago now:)- the consensus was that no substance -hormone replacement or Clomid- were efficient and the best way was SSR and ICSI but would be interested to hear more. What clinic are you with?

Deb111 - I know of another forum where people have "a Ramsey pregnancy" meaning saw them and were successful!

Mrs V - No, never heard of it, in my time -meaning nearly a year ago now:)- the consensus was that no substance -hormone replacement or Clomid- were efficient and the best way was SSR and ICSI but would be interested to hear more. What clinic are you with?

Hi! We went to a fertility clinic in Cape Town, South Africa.
On the day my DH produced no sperm. Did an emergency TESE, still nothing.
We were going to do ICSI, but no sperm, so 25 of my eggs are frozen.
Actually pointless as I'm 100% fine.

Testosterone is normal.

Hiya - thought you might like to pop over and join the azoospermia thread. there are quite a few of us there whose dh's have no sperm - for many different reasons. Not sure about the injections you talk about but it'd be great to pop over so we can all share info

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/376424-dealing-azoospermia.html

DH has low count with abnormal motility and morphology. At the last IUI we had about 440,000 total to work with. Considering half those aren't shaped right and half of those aren't moving we had slim chances even with IUI. We're moving on to donor sperm now bc he won't do IVF.

Testosterone is normal.

Hiya - thought you might like to pop over and join the azoospermia thread. there are quite a few of us there whose dh's have no sperm - for many different reasons. Not sure about the injections you talk about but it'd be great to pop over so we can all share info

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/376424-dealing-azoospermia.html

Will come over and join you! Thank you.

DH has low count with abnormal motility and morphology. At the last IUI we had about 440,000 total to work with. Considering half those aren't shaped right and half of those aren't moving we had slim chances even with IUI. We're moving on to donor sperm now bc he won't do IVF.

Why doesn't your DH want to do IVF?

Hi there! Just wondering,:wacko: how are the numbers for IUI in your country? Over here you have to have at least 15 million swimmers :sad2:to do IUI. Below that they wont do it, the only option then is IVF and ICSI.:shy:

February, because it would take that long for a change to show in the SA.
February?:sleep: (DH started Clomid 3 days ago).

The urologist said it would take 3-4 months for a change to show in dh's SA. It seems like forever to wait!
OK so it's not February yet, but we had another IUI and SA, and his motile sperm count jumped from 13 million in Oct 2010 to 28 million post wash today!:happydance:

Seems Clomid is doing its magic:thumbup:

:hi: everyone

I am going to read back through your thread for your shared wisdom, but just wanted to say hi!

HI girls, :blush:I am just looking into IUI with donor sperm. Anybody knows anything about it?:wacko:

hi Traskey....welcome on board!:hi:

Thanks Reilly :hi:

I've read through the entire thread now, very interesting. I don't know the cut off point for sperm count and IUI but I can tell you that with 10 million the only option is IVF.

February, because it would take that long for a change to show in the SA.
February?:sleep: (DH started Clomid 3 days ago).

The urologist said it would take 3-4 months for a change to show in dh's SA. It seems like forever to wait!
OK so it's not February yet, but we had another IUI and SA, and his motile sperm count jumped from 13 million in Oct 2010 to 28 million post wash today!:happydance:

Seems Clomid is doing its magic:thumbup:

Amazing!!!!! My dh will be going in in a few weeks and I hope his results are just as good!

Amazing!!!!! My dh will be going in in a few weeks and I hope his results are just as good!
Good luck!:happydance:
we don't qualify for this under the PCT as my BMI is too high. I am working on that and doing Weight Watchers but am running out of time (39 birthday soon and you need at least 6 months prior to 40). We don't have the money for private IVF.
You have 6 months, as long as you could show the doctor that you are making the effort, s/he may let you have IVF? Good luck on weight watchers:flower:

Morning ladies, I have a question that I am hoping one of you can help me with. I am due to ovulate soon, probably by Friday and usually DH and I dtd every other day during high and peak fertility. However, since he got the diagnosis of his low sperm count last week he's worried that having sex like this isn't working. He has asked us to wait until I ovulate and to abstain from sex until then. His sperm moprhology and motility were ok but we weren't told the numbers. The sperm count was 10 mill (low).

We didn't get any advice on this, just told IVF would be the only option. We are still trying to conceive naturally, hoping for a miracle! Not sure though that this is the right way forward.

Does anyone have any opinions? Many thanks.

Morning ladies, I have a question that I am hoping one of you can help me with. I am due to ovulate soon, probably by Friday and usually DH and I dtd every other day during high and peak fertility. However, since he got the diagnosis of his low sperm count last week he's worried that having sex like this isn't working. He has asked us to wait until I ovulate and to abstain from sex until then. His sperm moprhology and motility were ok but we weren't told the numbers. The sperm count was 10 mill (low).

Does anyone have any opinions? Many thanks.
My DH has low count. We did IUI.

On the 1st IUI (Oct 2010) he produced 13 million (post wash) after abstaining for 2 1/2 days.
He was prescribed Clomid 25mg/night in November, and on our latest IUI he produced 28 million (post wash) after abstaining for a week:happydance:

So abstaining for longer seems to work:thumbup: It could also be because of Clomid, but it hasn't been 3 month yet, so it may have been too early for Clomid to do its magic:shrug: Otherwise, he abstained alcohol for a week too which may be another thing:flower:

His morphology is 4% on the 1st IUI, 3% on the 2nd IUI.

Good luck:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->