Mama, mama, mama!!!!

Amber3

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I am wondering if anyone has thoughts or ideas to share with me. I have 3 kids who need my attention and care in different ways. One has special needs. The oldest is 7 and most enjoyable but she HATES her sister and always nag her. The youngest is 20 months, he is constantly following me around wanting my attention, wanting me to entertain him. I feel claustrophobic. I never really settled into the sahm role well, I feel too isolated and somehow not really fulfilled. But I will be at home at least for another year and I'd like to get the best out of it. Can anyone advise me how to stay sane with just having kids and all their demands all the time, especially how to cope with a toddler who wants you a 100% ALL THE TIME!???

I’m sorry you are having a hard time. 3 kids is quite a bit of work especially if one is special needs as well and it can feel especially overwhelming in these covid times when we can’t go places and see people the way we are used to.

Would you be able to have someone look after the kids for an afternoon so you could have some me time?

Other than that have you tried some fun activities to get the two girls bonding? If you have a garden you could rent a bouncy castle, or have them do sleepovers in each others rooms or in a tent in the living room. You could also try giving them rewards for good behaviour, for ex they get stickers for helping out around the house, no nagging/ tantrums etc and once they have collected a certain amount of stickers they get a reward, for ex trip to the park or a small toy. Perhaps your 7 year old could also play with the toddler a little while giving you are break.

I hope you can find enjoyment in being at home as the time will go by fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->