Mamas and Papas Ora

danapeter36

Reaction score
I bought this pushchair off a fellow BNBer :hugs:

I had read a few reviews before buying it, to see what people thought. I have had a few pushchairs, though all second hand and off freecycle, and the Ora had barely been used and was in fantastic condition. I have however tried many pushchairs out, at various meetings in town with other mums and in a huge branch of Mothercare in Oxford.

Feature One - Floating Harness:
Anyway, the first thing I want to tell people to do is ignore what people say about your baby falling out of the pushchair due to a 'floating harness'. This is simply untrue. When secured correctly by adjusting the length of the straps to suit your child, I have had no issues. Infact it's the best design for a harness as my daughter doesn't feel tied into the seat as it were, can move a bit but is also securely restrained. I would imagine if you use the straps incorrectly your child could fall out but this goes for all pushchairs and not just the Ora.

Feature Two - Seat Unit

I have never had a pushchair as roomy, the seat is so comfortable, padded and can adjust so when the child is older they are sitting straight up, which I find really important with a 15 month old. Other pushchairs do infact adjust but your child is still somewhat reclined. This pushchair allows you to have your baby upright and not slumped at all. There is also room for her teddy 'Pippin' to sit beside her.

Feature Three - The bumper bar
I had never seen one of these before and was unsure of whether to leave it on or not. However, on our first journey I realised my little girl loved to hold onto the bar and sit forward, fully restrained by her harness and I also tied toys onto the bar. A great feature. It also helps me secure a blanket onto it which is brilliant as we had a really cold morning the other day and the cosy toes would have been too thick and hot for her.

Feature Four - The rain cover
A few reviews on argos said the cover felt cheap and crinkly, but to be honest it's a rain cover, it does one job. When on the move it wasn't noisy, didnt blow about, secured really well to the pushchair unit and it folded back over the hood when it wasn't raining and stayed there.

Feature Five - The hood and basket
The hood is sturdy, removeable so you can customise the pushchair if money permits and you want a change. It is also fairly sizeable and useful on sunny days. I have a sunshine kids shade to extend the hood which fits perfectly onto the hood.
The basket is my favourite feature, it's got a wooden bottom which means no bending and also that it can carry your milk, squash etc when out and about doing a food shop. It is a great size, larger than I had on an out n about nipper, m&p pipi aruba, freestyler and the quinny sx. It is easy to get to even when the seat is reclined and has a raised end so things wont fall out!

Feature Six - Folding and carrying

As it's a sturdy pushchair it isn't the lightest but then it's not heavy either. It fits perfectly into a fiesta with room to spare and the folding mechanism is brilliant. It folds into itself and clips closed.

I can push the Ora with one hand, my toddler has loads of room and a primo viaggio car seat will make it into a travel system and I would be able to use it with baby number 2. The wheels have suspension, the ride is smooth and it fits easily through narrow doorways and onto buses/public transport.

I believe it is also compatible with the Luna accessories as I am told it's literally the same pushchair by M&P!

This pushchair is so worth every penny I paid and then some. It's such a joy and I hope to use this for many years to come xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->