Mamas who had bleeds in early pregnancy...

FarfromHome

1st time Mommy!
Reaction score
Just wondering for those who had big bleeds in early pregnancy but everything turned out ok... did you bleed more than once or only once? Did you have any spotting after the bleeding?

Long story short, I had a massive bleed from 10/9 to 10/13. I was sure I had lost the pregnancy since I had bled so much but my blood work the week of the 13th showed rising hcg. 199 (10/13) 530 (10/15) 930 (10/17) but extremely low progesterone. I went on progesterone supplements right away. I haven't had any bleeding since but my Dr. said things could go either way still and I'm just kind of in limbo. I'm not supposed to have an ultrasound until next Tues because my Dr. wanted to make sure my hcg was high enough to get a good look at things.

Yesterday I had a lot of what felt like growing pains pretty much all day long...I was uncomfortable but it wasn't cramps, just tugging and pulling and feeling sore. I woke up and felt way better today, but now am having brown spotting. I know this pregnancy is different and I really have no idea what to expect because of having this bleed, but I'm just wondering for those of you who did bleed if you ever spotted or bled again after the initial one? I'm wondering if all those pains I was having yesterday dislodged some old blood from the first bleed or if this is something else. Just wondering if anyone has gone through anything similar? All the waiting is so hard. :cry:

Me - I had an SCH. Really common around the 5/6 weeks mark. I gushed red blood for 2 hours was convinced it was all over. Saw GP who told me if there were no clots and the bleeding had stopped, there was a chance it was ok.

Had an early scan at 5w 4 days - which saw a sack and beginnings of a pole - no hb. BUT it also showed a big "grey" area which had been the bleed. Apparently fresh blood shows up as black, but grey is old blood... So they warned me there was a chance I'd bleed brown for a while OR it would be reabsorbed.

I bled brown for 4 weeks :( But as horrible and stressful as it was, at 8 weeks I had a follow up scan and saw baby with hb, paid for a private scan at 10 weeks, baby was still growing on track and at 12 weeks all bleeding and evidence of bleeding was gone... I'm now 37 weeks.

HTH xx

I also have an SCH. I gushed bright red blood twice so far for this pregnancy. The first time around 10 weeks, and the second right before 13 weeks. I get light bleeding or spotting in between the gushes. So far, baby has been measuring fine with great heart rate.

I bled a couple of times and continue to spot brown. Have gone in for 3 scans since it started and everything looks good and heartbeats are strong. Yesterday doctor saw some blood around one of the sacs so said that's the culprit. Said it can be normal for twins and no issues seen. Either way incredibly scary I know. I hope for your sake everything is going well and it's just a "normal" bleed. I never knew it could be normal but learning it is in a percentage of women.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->