Mamie Elaine?

4goingon5

Reaction score
I want to name our baby Mamie Elaine if it's a girl, after my great-grandmother Mamie and my mother's middle name Elaine. But my husband hates the name! Is it really horrible? Or should I wait and see if it grows on him?
I was told by several doctors as an adolescent that I would never have children, so when I had our first daughter, I gave her two middle names. Then when we had a second child, I continued the tradition. Again with the third and the fourth. But I think I'm going to drop down to just one middle name from now on.
Our first four children are:
Kimberly Destiny Antoinette
Julio Cesar Ray
Natalie Alyssa Dory
Emily Janice Chloe
Each of them has at least one name that is from a family member. My middle name is Antoinette, as was my aunt's, and my brother would have been Destiny if he had been a girl. My husband is Julio Cesar, my grandfather was Robert Ray, and I'm Desiree, so that's where we got Julio Cesar Ray, because it sounds like Desiree, and for my grandfather and my husband. Dory is short for Dorothy, my aunt. (Natalie and Alyssa are just from Natalie Portman and Alyssa Milano) Our youngest we named for my Memaw Janice, but we call her Chloe.
We are in Howell Michigan for a few weeks on my husband's construction job, and Howell is also my mother's maiden name, so if it's a boy, I'm thinking Robert Howell, after my uncle Robert Howell and the town where this baby was conceived.
So what do you think of Mamie Elaine Luna (our last name is Luna), and Robert Howell Luna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->