Manipulated Ovulation Date w/BCP & soy isos?

BCPlease

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
So I'm super new to this (& don't know all the lingo yet!), but I need some advice - don't we all!
Anyway, DH & I have been trying for nearly 2yrs, but technically only 6 cycles (he's working a 3yr stint overseas & only aprox 6 of those visits have been around the fertility window). I reeeeeally thought this was the cycle, as we were together for my entire fertile window & BD'd every day. Ugh, but the wicked AF showed up 3hrs ago

So I won't see him again until Sep 3 - Sept 14. Currently I'm working w/a 31 day cycle. By my calculations, it looks like I'll ovulate Sept 2 ... I've heard a few things about people taking birth control pills, stopping & then taking soy or clomid to bring on ovulation during the ideal time. Has anyone tried this or have any advice?!

Thanks soooooo much in advance!!

I would honesty consult a doctor before doing anything because you could really mess up your cycle. Why don't you just go get some clomid from the doctor? Clomid is super cheap. Plus you will want to do this right. I understand where you are coming from though because my husband and I lived in seperate countries for awhile too.

Thanks for the reply, brokenoven! (Btw, funny little name! Haha, but I see you're expecting so the oven must be working!!!)

I had my annual on Tues & mentioned this to her, just incase this cycle wasn't our lucky one, & she won't prescribe it to alter the date. I've been taking my BBT & it appears as though I am ovulating (slightly irregular, but not awful).

Thanks for the reply, brokenoven! (Btw, funny little name! Haha, but I see you're expecting so the oven must be working!!!)

I had my annual on Tues & mentioned this to her, just incase this cycle wasn't our lucky one, & she won't prescribe it to alter the date. I've been taking my BBT & it appears as though I am ovulating (slightly irregular, but not awful).

Do you have birth control? You could take it to alter your period without her help. It will alter your prior, like as soon as you stop the BC you will get a period within 1-5 days.

Yes, I have BC pills. I'd read somewhere that taking the pill for like a month, stopping 14-17 days before I'll see him, then coming off it & then taking soy isos for cds1-5 would help ensure ovulation (since sometimes you don't ovulate right after the pill). Make sense? Do you think it'd work?

I think you would could possibly have a chance of not ovulating right when coming off the pill if you were on it for a long time. A month of two? Naw I doubt it. But you could take the SI if you wanted. I believe when I tried them I ovulated later for sure. Let me know how you do!

Thanks so much! This was my first time posting on one of these sites & you're the only one to reply to me!

Do you remember how much later (day or 2?) Or how you took them?

I can't remember exactly but it was long enough to make me concerned. Like 5 day I think.

Soy delays my ovulation by 5 days so you could try it and see if it delays it for you , if it does then you dont need to mess with birth control. good luck.

Thanks! Don't know why I didn't think of that... Today is CD3 for me. So maybe I can run to whole foods & pick some up to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->