March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

ah thanks waula - will look at that. I do remember my mum saying that they always bathed us at hosp before coming home :shrug: I dont think uve done any harm thats for sure!! :hugs:

so you cant post photos on this thread?

let me see if i can post one.... EDIT TO ADD - yup my random photo uploaded..... not sure :shrug: anyone else got this problem? xxx

Ok, so I think you should ban everyone posting on here FT until we can make an appearance :rofl:

Congrats Loo on baby Dharma :hugs:

im coming over for a little look around this new thread....

loo - im sorry to be thick, but how do you pronounce your little one's name? is it darrr-ma (ie a silent H)?

As always...must commend FT on her organisational skills and keeping us all together...were we belong obviously :hugs::hugs:

Loo - love the name Dharma :thumbup::hugs:

Ok ladies I want my F'IN baby now :brat: :cry: :brat:

Great name Loo, and love that you managed to get Grohl in there!!

Hope to officially join this thread soon, sweep tomorrow afternoon might kick start things!

Loo - love the name Dharma!! And she looks absolutely gorgeous!!! :cloud9: massive congratulations - what do your parents think??! xxx

I bathed Ted 3 times and totally didn't pay attention to his stump. Oops! One of them he was COVERED in poo as well. I never cleaned it with alcohol or anything either. It has to rot to drop off so I kind of left it... Maybe that's why i'm infected haha.

Oh yay! :hi:

Loo ace name! Love it! ;)

Bathing, i never bothered bathing Freyja and never washed her stump area at all, just left it alone and it fell off quick :shrug: I'm way too lazy to bobble about drying bits with cotton buds etc! :haha: She's had a bath now though!

Ok, well I can see my 'catching up on my phone whilst Dharma is feeding' is NOT going to work!!! :haha:

We came home from the hospital early (yesterday evening about 6.30pm) because I just couldn't stand it any more. The noise was horrible, there was building work happening across the hallway, the was a scally family facing me who didn't listen to the visiting hours, had their phones going off constantly, and discussing loudly how they couldn't afford formula, but then when he went to the shop she shouted after him "can you get me a fivers worth of scratch cards" :grr:

Anyway we are home!

So the birth (i'm going to spoiler it for people who don't want to read things like this yet!)

It was obviously induced, but the gel didn't work, and so the next day they broke my waters, even that didn't start contractions, so about 12pm they started me on the drip. WOAH. Talk about aggressive! I tried a couple of hours with just paracetamol, the tried the g&a, but I hated it, and it was just making me throw up, so I asked for a epidural about 4pm. The anesthiatist (sp) was in theatre, so they gave me pethadine to tide me over and gave me a check.

Huzzah! I was 6cm dilated!

I had the epidural about 5pm, and it was seriously The. Best. Thing. Ever. I can't recommend it enough if you have the drip! Anyway, I had quite a sicky labour, which was delightful, but I dilated fast after that and was fully dilated by 8pm. Cue 2 hours that they leave you to let the baby 'come down'. Fine!

Time to push!

And push I did. Apart from the fact that my little lady was back to back and did not want to come. I was at this point determined to still have a Mothers Day baby, but she had other ideas. She wasn't really moving past a certain point, but she was too far down for a c section or 'help', in the end, I needed a cut, but that was fine...and out came our unexpectedly small baby!

We were told that due to the time I had been on the drip I could only delay the cord cutting by 4 mins because it was important to get the placenta out, so we had our 4 minutes, cut the cord, and onto the placenta. (I was having heart palpitations, breathing problems due to asthma and throwing up again by this point). But the placenta also had other plans. It wouldn't come out, and the gentle pulling tore the cord away, they tried to get it out every which way, including breast feeding (I was so unaware by this point!), but they decided to send me into theatre by this point.

I had gone into shock, and my whole body was shaking uncontrollably. I had to have more epidural (and extra sick buckets!!!), and I'm not really sure what else happened apart from about 2.30 in the morning, I finally had the placenta delivered, and was on the way to recovery. It turns out that it was somehow stuck to my uterus, but they don't think that any damage has been done.

By 2.45, Dharma was having her first feed (that lasted until 4.30!!!), Al had to go home, and I was stuck on my back on a ward as I wouldn't move after the extra epidural.

By the morning (after getting at least an hour of broken sleep!) when I woke up lying in what felt like a murder scene, I was able to look over at my perfectly formed daughter and realise that it was worth every second of it. Every. Single. Second.

I've been in a complete daze since, and only really came out of it this afternoon when Dharma was clogged up, and had a tough few hours with her tummy, but once that was sorted, we have had some lovely skin to skin time all together, and she has just slept solidly for another 3 hours 40 mins (I really ought to wake her!).

So to sum it up. Epidural's and myself, are now firm friends, and I am head over heels with my daughter who radiates awesomeness.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but it's for my brothers (official baby photographer!) face book photo album. If the link is no good, I will try to paste some on tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150604836256996.377540.648381995&type=1

Loo its all true, she does radiate awesomeness!! :flower:

Thanks for the birth story, sounds a bit mad at the end, but glad you are both well at the end of it :hugs:

Sorry, I started writing the above post at 6pm and finished it just now. Sorry if it reads strangely!

Thank you for the compliments!!!

Yes Cupcake, it's pronounced Dar-ma (like Llama, but with Dar instead of the Lar sound! :haha:).

We were going to announce her name to friends tonight, but it's got a bit late now, so tomorrow it will be.

All her newborn clothes are massive and drown her, so going to buy some tiny baby sized vests and grows tomorrow to tide her over until she can fit into all the clothes that we thought would be originally too small for her!! :rofl:

Right. I seriously need to wake her up now!! BAD Mummy!

Night folks. xxx

Awww Loo love the piccies of Dharma....she's adorable :cloud9:

Glad you got the Epi after the drip...it is aggressive! sorry you were so sick that must have been awful :nope: as for the placenta...what a nightmare especially when you think you've escaped theatre! anyhoo glad you are OK now and home and settled :thumbup::hugs:

Aww loo, love the name. It sounds like Dharma got stuck like Edith did, it's quite scary, but my goodness, I'm SO sorry about your afterbirth experience. Take it easy lady!

Thanks MsC! I've not read Ediths story yet, but I will do! You had removed the spoiler by the time I had got to it!

By the way, Dharma was delivered by 2 midwives called Ellie and Lauren, which is 2 of our March Mama's names! It struck me very late on, whilst completely drug induced, but I found it both significant and hilarious! Just not sure anyone else got it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->