• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

March Mummies 2011

Tanikit

Reaction score
Since the March Mummies have started having babies and getting them home I thought

Know I haven't graduated yet - but just thought I'd pop over and say thanks for setting up and congrats again to all of those who are cuddling their bundles of joy

xx

Morning , what a brill idea hope everyone is doing well :) xxx

Congrats Rach!

Natty that is a gorgeous pic in your avatar.

I've got the most painful nipples in the world after 3 days bf. Milk is starting to comebin but going to go on formula as so sore. She is so different already on it. will check Mw again tomorrow as my try again if they snip Tongue tie.

The milk coming in is awful! I feel flu like, achey, really heavy boobs and it's only goin to get worse! They don't tell you bout any of the aftermath!!!

The clots I've passed have scared the crap outta me too!

Hey ladies! Not quite graduated yet, but due for induction starting tomorrow night. Hope to be joining you here Tuesday!

sorry rach, it can be painful and quite a mess. i hope you are feeling better soon!

i FF and i bought the same bottles i used for my last baby. they worked really well for my last one so i thought it would be great this time. what a huge mistake. my LO had been taking a few bites and falling back to sleep. he is slightly jaundiced, most likely from being early, so i have to have him eating plenty to get rid of the jaundice. one day last week he barely peed at all in his diapers, so i was getting really worried. i was in the middle of praying about it and remembered my first son had trouble eating and had to use preemie nipples. the nurses said it took too much energy to eat so he would get tired and fall asleep. i immediately had my DH go get nathon some new softer nipples, boiled them and used one on his next bottle. he ate the whole thing really quick like he was starving! im so very thankful he is eating good now, i feel so horrible i was starving my poor little guy...:dohh:

how is everyones little ones doing???

yay angela- cant wait to see some pics and hear how everything goes!!!

Thanks Blessed! And I'm already learning things from this thread LOL. I would not have known about the nipple issue with the bottles. But one thing we registered for was a "newborn feeding kit" from the Dr Brown's line of bottles, so I have that and hopefully it has newborn or maybe even preemie nipples.

:hugs:

i feel bad that he obviously was already getting dehydrated. he had only a couple of pee diapers a couple days ago. these other bottles only come with one nipple that are supposed to be newborn ones, but they are really hard. my last son did fine with them but he was born two weeks later and was over a pound bigger. im very glad we got him some new ones now. he is eating so good.

angela- i pray you have a smooth delivery. i saw you might have to have a section, i really hope you dont. of course if it has to be for the baby's health then i hope you recover well and baby is ok! my ob kept telling me i was at high risk for one from the low fluid, then while in labor they found out my placenta had been pulling away. they found blood when they broke my water. that put me at even higher risk. everything turned out ok though. nathon never got stressed out and delivery was very quick.

rach- they have always told me if the clots get golf ball sized to phone the dr and get checked.

Im with you on the boobs Rach, :hugs: Niamh had a very bad latch and wasn't really getting anything so im exclussively (sp) expressing (iv got loads of milk) but my boobs are killing me.

The midwife is coming to weigh baby soon, i hope she has re gained her birthweight as she went down to 5lb 5oz (5lb 11oz born)

I hope everyone is doing well xx

Good luck with the induction Angela xx

Oww Rach and Pinkycat, I had cracked nipples only for a few days this time because I had a fever and was shaking when I latched her and she didn't latch properly - just that one feed was enough to hurt - I tried nipple shields (they take all pain away) but didn't really need them. Also used some cream that healed them very fast but really just a good latch is all that is essential (get some help with this if necessary)

I wonder if the nipple issue was what made Kirima happier with the breast than the bottle when in ICU - she's big enough for a normal nipple, but maybe she didn't like it? Either way it suited me fine.

Angela thinking of you and hoping the induction goes/went well.

Pinkycat Kirima dropped from 3,84kg to 3,57kg by the time she left NICU - not sure what that is in pounds. She'll only be weighed again on 8 March so hoping she is up again - my first DD took a while to regain her birth weight and dropped a lot more than they said she should.

Got antibiotics cause got an infection somewhere and got a temp. Tried bf again with expressing but hardly anything came out - 1oz!

Boobs hurt lots, I'm so run down and got the shakes. Baby gets weighed tomorrow. I might try shields tonight then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->