• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

March Mummies 2011

tanikit- absolutely love the name kirima:flower:

shells- my LO sounds a lot like yours. he was born so quick he had a lot of mucus too. it seemed to have left fairly quick though, maybe a day or two. my little guy was a week old on monday and was just starting to take 2 oz at a feeding. he would barely take an ounce before that. he was slightly jaundiced and i think it was making him tired, so i had to wake him to eat too. was important for him to eat to get rid of the jaudice. now that its gone he is still so calm and still sleeps a lot. i think changing his nipples helped a lot for him being able to eat more.

rach- if it wasnt feeding issues it would probably be sleep issues or something else, lol! im sure that soon all of this will be a distant memory and things will be so much better and easier for you. thinking and praying for you that things will get better quickly! :hugs:

Oh im glad (in the niceset way) that someone knows what i mean!... must be cuse they were in such a rush to get out hey? lol.... i think its just frustrating more than anything cuse he wants it! he is thriving but he gets so windy and so sleepy too easy, he is also slightly jaundice. Be interesting to see what he weighs tomorrow i dare say hes lost a fair bit!... thing is im wasting so much milk cuse he likes it warm and i cant reheat it so i try and wake him up abit and he will take a couple sucks and back to sleep again but then hes hungry a couple hours later! each feed can take anything up to 1 hour hes a nightmare lol but fingers crossed it will all start coming right like your lil man is now... i get about 1- 1 and 1/2 oz down him each feed but thats only cuse i persist so much and the faster teats! x

that sounds exactly like nathon. he is still sometimes only eating 1-1 1/2 oz. it was horrible before i changed his nips. like you said it was taking an hour to feed him an ounce. just keep at it hun. its only been a couple days now that i could get him to eat 2 oz. and usually its when i let him sleep 3 hours. my LO is very gassy too and he doesnt cry when he poops so im constantly checking him to see if he did:dohh:
i know his nips were a main problem for him. hopefully mason will come around and start eating better soon. i bet he will in the next couple of days, it took nathon about that long. when the jaundice starts to pass he will start staying awake more and eating better. they told me 3-5 days its at its highest for all babies. i was wasting a lot of milk too making up 2 oz at a time. now i feed him an ounce, burp him, and feed him the other ounce, then burp again. hang in there sweets! :hugs:

Hey ladies!

Whew! I can't believe all that has happened in the last 72 hours. Feels like a literal lifetime has passed. We are just home from the hospital and I am going to need to try to catch up on rest for a day or so (wherever we can fit some in! :rofl:) before I can spend any major time catching up or posting our birth story (since at the moment I'm so tired I'm literally stuttering when I speak and can barely string sentences together), but I will definitely do so and HUGS to everyone in the meantime!

We're all still well. Baby is doing great and we have finally settled on his name - Ethan Daniel. The first name Ethan is the only one we both liked and could agree on :haha: and his middle name Daniel is hubby's first name. We knew we did not want to name him as a junior, but hubby was looking to have his name in the mix so we settled on that as his middle name. We finally have a name we are both happy with! :cloud9:

Sending many hugs to each of you and I hope all is well with all our March Mummies! Like Blessed I can't wait to see who will be next!!

I'll be back on in the next couple days to catch up. Can't wait to read up on all the news!

Love and hugs! :hugs:

get some rest angela!!! cant wait to hear everything when you are up to it. i was so exhausted leaving the hospital i was seeing things out of the corner of my eyes the last few hours in the hospital.:hugs: congrats on your little guy!

Thank you my friend! I do feel sort of like my eyes aren't focusing right, I'm so exhausted. :dohh: I need sleep LOL!

is it wrong that im already hung up and stressing about my post-pregnancy body??? :-(

I have gained so much and feel so huge now and i know baby is only 5 days old but i cant help but get upset cuse i cant find anything to wear when i go out and my coat dont even do up cuse my boobs are full of milk!! blah!!!

I get on the scales daily! My coat doesn't do up either haha! Hun, just remember that it took 9 mnths for our body to get ready, it's gonna take a while to settle down. I hate my stretch marks more than the flab!

I started at 11st5. I went to 14st5. Today I was 12st1 so I'm getting there :)

I'm thinking of hiring a double pump for a month.keep trying the breast but she's not keen so might try with shields.

Its been two weeks since Kirima was born and yes I have been worrying about mybody - I had ahuge amount of oedema after the birth that was everywhere (mostly my feet but even up my arms and on my stomach) The doctor said it should disappear by about 10 days PP and it took 11 days so looking slightly better now, but there is a long way to go. It took about five months last time so I expect the same this time if not linger because of the C-section.

Took Kirima and Laurana out to Moms and Tots today and the mothers asked how I could be there when I had had a C-section so recently - I told them staying inside drives me more mental than getting out and being a bit sore/uncomfortable. But I did take some pain killers - taking far fewer now unless I know I will be doing more than I should. Laurana is still having a hard time adjusting to the decreased attention but we are managing - she loves her sister and is very sweet with her, but is getting terrible with adults and even other children who she doesn't want to be with at all. Keep trying to remind myself that "this too shall pass."

Kirima is still breastfeeding well - I wouldn't know how much she is getting but she does sometimes choke so I know the milk flow is probably a bit too fast. Anyone know how to slow it down to prevent choking?

Angela congrats again and hope you can get the rest you need - take it easy!

Nix congrats - you are doing great. I am still too scared to weigh myslef :)

Tanikit - not sure what positions your trying but have you tried the rugby hold so she is sitting up a bit more, (you hold her under your arm with her feet pointing towards your back - if you don't know what I mean say and I will find pic / try and describe) I found with DS that this gave him a bit more control and didn't drown him so much ...

tanikit- sounds like you are already a busy mommy again! as long as you dont feel like your overdoing it i say more power to ya hun! i agree with cathryn on the choking thing. was gonna suggest the same thing, that you find a way to sit her up more until she gets a bit bigger and can eat more at once.

ladies- im so not worried about my weight yet. i lost all the weight within a month of my first two babies. i was 21 and 23 back then though and im sure my metabolism was much different. with my 3rd it took a good year. gained the same amount too so its not like i had more to lose. with my 4th i still had about 30 pounds to lose, but got pregnant with this one when he was 5 months old so never lost all of it. i have about 5 pounds left from this pregnancy to be where i started, but of course i still have that 30 pounds from the last one to lose. hubby and i are gonna exercise and change our eating habits within a couple of weeks here so im not worried just yet. i know eventually it will come off and i have clothes for all my sizes going up so they will work going down too. have been wearing my hubbys old coat, which isnt so pretty, but hey it fits lol!

we also will be NTNP for the rest of our lives, so we could end up pregnant again...:baby:

forgot to say, nathon lost his belly button cord last night:cloud9: i know its silly, but i love when they have a real button hehe:happydance:...

Mason lost his this morning too Melissa! which was quick! its abit gunky lol but its nice to have that thing off his belly lol...

God i am not even brave enough to stand on the scales i dread to think! im just a different shape completely, it took me a year to lose all the weight from my second, im back to my diet on monday! seriously i cant wait lol...

Well ive just had Mason weighed hes dropped a fair bit!! he was 8lb 8oz born hes now 7lb 13oz so hes is 'just' in the 10% loss but they are gonna weigh him again in 2 days cuse it is quite a drop! but im doing everything i can to get as much down him as possible and he is more responsive the last couple of days and his poo is changing colour etc so he's heading the right direction im just having to feed him 2 hourly to get what i can get down him and now trying infacol to help with his wind. He was a very brave boy and he didnt even cry and his heel prick test bless his heart!! what did your babies lose in the first 5 days? am i right to be worried...? x

Phoebe lost 4.9% but she's been messed about with breast an formula. Having another bad day and think I'm going to go to ff. I don't have an issue with the formula, Its the failing at breast that kills me x

Rach dont feel like a failure - you tried and thats the best thing you can do!, i tried with my first and had nothing but problems and he lost loads of weight and i had mastitis (spell on that one) which was so painful, the whole thing put me off and thats why i have ff since with my last 2... i seem to have problems however i feed lol.. normally mine are good when it comes to the weaning stage but milk is always a nightmare!

rach- you are not a failure in any way!!!! please dont feel that way. you are a great mommy and not because of how or what you feed your baby, but because you absolutely love your baby! thats all that really matters in the end. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

shells- i know nathon lost weight but not sure how much. he was 6 lbs 13 oz at birth and when we took him in for his second heal prick they said he was 7 lbs even. i think he was 4 or 5 days old. when they weighed him they left all his clothes and his blankets he had wrapped around him though. so i know it wasnt accurate, but didnt want to strip him down either. he is finally filling out his newborn clothes a little better now so i do know he is gaining. his newborn diapers are supposed to go to 8 lbs and they are real snug, so we went to size 1. they swallow him up but at least its not a struggle to fit them on him.

i love when the cord falls off. its so much easier to change their diapers and clothes without worrying about catching it. nathons took the full 10 days, i guess he was in no hurry, lol!

Rach- dont feel any guilt. You have not failed :hugs:

Niamh went from 5lb 11 to 5lb 5 then she was 5lb 12 on day 10 so she lost quite a bit. I also couldn't get to grips with BF so she had colostrum and formula until my milk came in and im exclussively expressing now. Although im not sure how long i can keep it up for when hubby goes back to work as it is so restricting.

Shell :hugs: Im so stressed about my weight. I lost loads of weight with WW and i know iv got about 3.5st to lose again, i could cry :cry: iv been wearing hubby's coat aswell and i have about 3 pairs of pants to my name

im still wearing my maternity leggings!! lol i just cant fit into anything yet, i know i should give myself a break its only day 5! but i lost 6 stone! yes 6 before i got pregnant with Mason for my wedding and now gained about 4 of that back :-( i have a good 3 stone to 4 stone to lose now.
Wow would seem Mason really has lost a fair bit then! oh bless him!!.... im just hoping he improves its so hard!, hes done abit better today just managed to get 2oz feeds down him every 2-3 hours! so hes getting there!

im still wearing my maternity leggings!! lol i just cant fit into anything yet, i know i should give myself a break its only day 5! but i lost 6 stone! yes 6 before i got pregnant with Mason for my wedding and now gained about 4 of that back :-( i have a good 3 stone to 4 stone to lose now.
Wow would seem Mason really has lost a fair bit then! oh bless him!!.... im just hoping he improves its so hard!, hes done abit better today just managed to get 2oz feeds down him every 2-3 hours! so hes getting there!

yay for 2 oz now!!! i bet it will be no time at all til mason is putting the weight back on.

i know just how you feel about working so hard to lose a bunch of weight then putting it back on for pregnancy. i lost a bunch before my first pregnancy, like 65 lbs! dont know how much that is in stones lol, but its a bunch. i gained it all back with each pregnancy and it seems harder and harder to lose it each time. i am thinking it might be even harder this time since i still had about 30 lbs left from my last pregnancy. BOO! thank heavens my DH will be dieting with me. he gains weight when im pregnant, so we both have pregnancy weight to lose:haha:

Hi girls!

I am looking forward to participating on this thread as soon as I get enough sleep to see straight LOL! Meanwhile, here's our little guy!

Hugs to all!

Attachments

• Ethan and Daddy.jpg
    Ethan and Daddy.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 2
angela- SO SO SO ADORABLE !!!!! you did a good job momma:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members